Stoneleigh 2016 General Discusion

Andy Banks

Hi all

I will be publishing the rota for 2016 in the next few days, a massive thank you to all of those who have volunteered their time.

We do need a few more people for the following shifts:

Sunday 2-4 pm parking duty 2 people read

Monday 2-4pm drop off area x 1 person, parking x 1 person, meet & greet x 2/3 people and auto jumble x 1 person.

I am aware that on Monday this might be classed as the graveyard shift with lost of people going home, but we still need to ensure that WSCC marquee does not look empty and devoid of members.

Please get in touch asap if you can help with any of the above areas.

Many thanks Ian

• Like 2

iwouldnt worry too much about the parking later monday - it tends to look after itself later on as people see where to park - only thing to watch for is other people parking with vans, trailers, non westy cars etc - can look a mess and i guess wscc has paid for their own space!

iwouldnt worry too much about the parking later monday - it tends to look after itself later on as people see where to park - only thing to watch for is other people parking with vans, trailers, non westy cars etc - can look a mess and i guess wscc has paid for their own space!

Exactly, which is why we need a couple of people to cover the parking for the late part of the afternoon.

Any takers out there please?

Oh yes I forgot

We will have several hundred helium balloons to give away / tie to roll-bars / tie to committee members etc!

• Like 1

Just google'ed this 

An average sized helium balloon holds about 14 L. An average person is about 80 kg. Helium can lift just about 1 g per L. You would need 80000 L of helium to do the job, so 80000 / 14 = 5714 balloons

Have we got enough to give this ago  :laugh:  :laugh: 

• Like 3

Just google'ed this 

An average sized helium balloon holds about 14 L. An average person is about 80 kg. Helium can lift just about 1 g per L. You would need 80000 L of helium to do the job, so 80000 / 14 = 5714 balloons[/size]

Have we got enough to give this ago  :laugh:[/size]  :laugh: 

Tom, I'm only 65kg so that should save you around 1072 balloons, although you might need to up your estimate quite a bit for some of our other committee members :oops:
  • Like 3

Tom, I'm only 65kg so that should save you around 1072 balloons, although you might need to up your estimate quite a bit for some of our other committee members :oops:

Oi pal, I'm the one authorising the balloons and helium, and there's plenty of club funds to try the experiment on the lightest committee member, which would also be the cheapest way as well. You'd make an interesting sight floating over Stoneleigh.

• Like 1

Aye, and with so little body mass, if we give you a few puffs of helium to breath first, only the dogs will hear you scream :devil:;)

• Like 3

I'm only 64kg and a willing test pilot :laugh: 

Wow! Seriously not long to go now, can't believe it's come round so quick.

Huge thanks to the team, I think bar a few bits and pieces we are sorted :) Rota will be published this week.

If you fancy helping out, do please get your details to us as per the original instructions and we look forward to seeing you all (sooner than you think...)

Please do be aware that if we have not confirmed your details then you may struggle to partake in the freebies so please make sure you've responded to individual emails - thanks!

• Like 2

Nice job with the rota Andy,

Not long now and getting excited. :t-up:

• Like 1