Stoneleigh 2016 General Discusion

Andy Banks

My compliments to the organisation :yes: Love my new T-shirt and WSCC hoody!

Weather was lovely in the early morning (for us), but it started to spit here and there in the early afternoon. No monsoons though, so as far as I'm concerned it was a big success ;)

Nice to meet some of you today. Weather held mostly good. Had a few questions answered by the S2000 crew and the factory. Nice T shirt in the bargain too. Hopefully have my car finished for next years show.

Found the tool stands a bit lacking for things I needed and not particulary cheap. Wanted a pneumatic riveter and was offered one that probably built ships and things ! Told the bloke I was building a kit car and would never get it into tight places , as it was massive.

Hope the party tonight goes well and Scotts dancing is .........er............. amazing.........

• Like 1

Just got back home, left a few dozen behind post AGM to have fun. Rain this afternoon was only very light spots, nothing you'd be bothered by at all, not an umbrella in sight.

The lamb roast was terrific, like a gruesome scene out of Jurassic Park, only the skeleton remained after a short time. The members were causing the kegs of beer some serious damage as well. T-shirts went down well!

But what a happy, friendly, warm atmosphere there was, which I hope we can repeat tomorrow. Come see us, enjoy the day, get your T-shirt and have fun! :)

• Like 2

I havnt seen much rain at all since we left Middlesbrough this morning, just few spots, not even worth the wipers, and i thought it was gonna tank down... Damn.

Going back tomorrow for more foraging, got my eye on a few things... Refilled my bolt boxes for cheap but now looking for some plastic carbon effect front wheel arches.. Mine are looking scruffy..

The car builder solutions stall. Was asking him what the plan was.. Simple answer as i thought.. Down to cash. Seems he's opening a new venture! Bike Builders Solutions. Coming soon, so i guess his capital is tied up in there, if you think the other way he'd be paying half dozen staff double time cos of the bank holidays and accommodation and food, the hassle of filling and unloading the van. This way he has cheaper plot and no staff to pay, so theres the reasons why its different. Maybe whence he's got the bike business settled down...

FANTASTIC SUPER OOPER DOOPER DAY OUT

Sorry for shouting but it really has been a great day, all day. The Peak District Area managed to beat Geoffery's challenge of the smallest convoy to Stoneleigh as we picked up Trevturtle at Junction 25 M1 and arrived as a group of 2 to park on the esteemed Westfield Avenue.

A cold but dry day did mean the smart new Westfield T-Shirt could not be displayed to it's full potential, that pleasure will be savoured for Silverstone. We got a WSCC carrier bag and headed to the halls and proceeded to fill it with goodies. Then we went to look at the other cars, I can't say too much in public but talking to other clubs really makes you appreciate how well set up and run this club is. A club full of good spirit, thank you for my 'Spirit of the Club' award, it is beautiful and now sits in my living room reminding me how lucky I am to know all you wonderful people in this wonderful club.

Thank you for everything, Glen and Julie.

• Like 5

Forecast is heavy rain here 12-3pm so if your coming down... Glorious after 3, so come down early, park in the sheds wait till days end, enjoy the show! Great so far

If anyone is wondering what it's sounds like to camp here. All I can say is food, drink and company are great, with a special shout out to the staff from the cafe who served us beer and snax till late.

As for the sounds, well...

Zzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzz, parp. Zzzzzzzz parp zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz parp.

It's like Attenborough studying a strange animal.

• Like 3

Morning All. Going to be another great day today. If you're not here already or on your way, why not, get going, see you in a bit...

Really enjoyed the visit yesterday. Many thanks to all the volunteers who make it such a special day for the members!

It was my first time at the show yesterday and the WSCC certainly had the best stand.

It was clear to see that all the hard work that is done behind the scenes clearly paid off and the show is a credit to you all.

I would also like to say a big thank you to all the people I met and spoke with and I was made to feel very welcome.

It certainly was a great day.  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

• Like 1

My first time also having only been a Westfield owner since last autumn. What a turnout from the club ! The Avenue was quite a sight with everything from beautifully presented cars (Julie,s springs instantly to mind) to mechanical masterpieces. I was very pleased to meet with Geoffrey and a few others at Newark and follow them in to the show ground. What a noise those V8's make ! Look forward to joining you on the odd ride out in the Dales Geoffrey. And as I mentioned when we spoke, if anyone finds themselves in mechanical difficulty over my way, you are welcome to use my garage and tools etc. Turn up Moor Road in Leyburn opposite the Police Station, last house (bungalow) on the right.

Well done all involved.

• Like 3

Brilliant display by the WSCC - Big Thanks to the WSCC Committee, Andy Banks and all the stand volunteers for a fantastic day

• Like 1

Absolutely first class effort from everyone that was involved in organising, set up, parking, inside the marquee etc.

We really do run a slick operation.

The lamb roast was very tasty, and soon disappeared!

The barrels of beer were very good, and I think a fair dent was made in them :laugh:

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. It was great to meet up with some familiar faces as well as meet some new ones.

Somebody said it rained overnight..................my beer blanket must have been working well as I never heard any rain :laugh:

I hope everyone else enjoyed the show as much as I did.

Looking forward to Silverstone now for some more camaraderie

• Like 1

Some late night shenanigans after we convinced Mooch he needed to fit an aeroscreen on his car :laugh:

image_zpsh25fqzud.jpeg

image_zpspd28xqmg.jpeg

• Like 2

What a great show!  WSCC organisation was brilliant.  Badges were a great idea Scott - you'll have to think of a gift for next year.  Food was brilliant. Beer was brilliant.  Fellowship was brilliant etc etc.  Found out that Siltec are just down the round from where we live so dont feel quite so isolated here in Norfolk  Especially grateful for engraved tankard from the club.  The whole job was pretty near perfect IMO  :)