GEOFFREYS JAUNT. THUNDER DAY AT ELVINGTON AIR MUSEUM. 03.04.16

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Hello.

PLEASE SEE POST 19.

On Sunday April the 3rd, I am organising a day out at the Elvington Air Museum near York to go see the first Thunder day of the year.

Put the date in your diaries.

Ticket prices are to be confirmed by the museum in due course.

I will also update with the planes that will be starting up their engines on the day.

This should be a great day.

Who would care to join us.

featured-image-nimrod.jpg

Time to blow the winter cobwebs out of some tailpipes. Our first Thunder Day of 2016 will see a selection of our aircraft running their engines. Expect to see a combination of big piston engines and jet power all coming to life for the first time in 2016.

I'd be up for that but I'm at the Nurburgring that weekend, sorry :(

I'd be up for that but I'm at the Nurburgring that weekend, sorry :(

No way.

Could you not go another weekend instead.

PLLLeeeassseeeee.

Sounds like a great event, would be very interested in meeting you there as we would be coming from the midlands. Its a 3.5 hr journey for us staying off the motorways!

• Like 1

Hi Martyn.

It would be great if you could join us.

Subject to what others are doing, I may be able to travel so far down to you and meet for breakfast somewhere.

We can sort it out nearer the time.

Hi Geoffrey,

Went last year for the first time and spent four hours looking and taking photographs and really enjoyed it  -  a bonus was that we had a good cheap feed in the NAAFI.

Count us in!

Cheers, Roger

• Like 1

Last week, I emailed the museum regarding a visit by the WSCC and I received a very nice reply today from Ian Richardson who works for the museum.

Hopefully there may be the opportunity for a discount on the ticket prices and also an opportunity for us to park the cars amongst a number of historic vehicles for a photo shoot.

I will update further once I receive a reply as I have today provided Ian with further details including a link to this post.

Hi Geoffrey,

We are up for this too... Would be good to see you again martyn...no drifting in the car park here though......

Cheers

Lee..

• Like 1

Thats great news.  :t-up:

Don't forget some ear plugs..... I will bring the chickens.

Hi Geoffrey this looks great please count me in :d  the dates in the diary  :t-up:

• Like 1

Me too,

• Like 1