New member looking for advice :-)

foxterrier

Hi All,

I have now realised a long term desire, and own a 2.0 Duratec Westfied on an 06 plate and I love it.

Now.............. by my own admission, I'm NOT a mechanical person! So rely upon others to maintain vehicles for me.

I'm looking to replace the inertia belts for harnesses, and am looking for someone in the Stoke-on-Trent area who could do this for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations they could make? Any Westy friendly mechanic / garage would be wonderful.

Also, my wife and I are looking for suggestions on touring routes in the UK which include hotels / cottages with good parking facilities as we don't fancy leaving the Westy on public car parks (for security reasons).

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to perhaps meeting some of you in the N.Staffs/Cheshire area.

Steav

• Like 2

:ww: from Essex.

I'm sure there will be a post along soon to help out with the harness fitting, the support on here is great!

Hi Steav, I'm in S-o-T too. Welcome! I'm sure I've heard that M&M(http://www.mmvehiclerepairs-uk.com/index.php?page=7) in Longton race a couple of 'Cateringvans' so may be able to help. Alternatively http://www.blinkmotorsport.com aren't too far away. Can we see some pics, so  I know when I've seen you ;-)

Best regards,

Ian

• Like 1

Hi Steav,

Welcome to the club. Regarding the holiday question, we went on 3 holidays last year in the Westfield and safely stayed at the following places:-

Langcliffe House bed and breakfast, Kettlewell, Yorkshire Dales

Greenhowe Caravan Park, Langdale, Lake District

Ty Capel Bryn Mawr, Betws-Y-Coed, Snowdownia

The roads surrounding all these places were brill in a Westfield. We are meeting at Ashbourne next Sunday and we are going to the Churnett Valley Railway if you want to meet some local members, you are welcome to come along. Don't worry if your car is SORN, just come for a brew and a natter if you like.

Hope to see you soon,

Julie

• Like 1

Hyah Steav :ww:

You dont have to be very mechanical to swap inertia belts for harnesses  :oops:

It's as simple as removing 3 bolts and replacing with 4 bolts per side  :suspect:

The captive threaded bosses are allready there, so no welding or anything is required.  :t-up:

HTH

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Was looking at these :-

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/interiors?product_id=606

These seem to have 4 bolts per harness. I was thinking that holes would have to be drilled through bodywork to accommodate the top fixings. Is this not the case?

Sorry for being a pain. :-)

Steav

Yep Steav they are the ones, 4 bolts each side, the threaded bosses are already welded in place so you don't have to measure or drill or anything like that.

To get the lower bolts in you will probably have to remove the seats, again that is 4 bolts per seat, if you look under the car below the seat you will see 4 protruding bolts with nuts on, undo these and lift the seat out, bolt in the lower harness strap and put the seat back in, for the shoulder straps if you look at the crossmember behind the seat back, you will see 2 threaded bosses welded to the crossmember at shoulder height, screw the eyebolts in to these and clip the harness in, Bobs yer uncle and Mary's yer aunt  ;) It's ready to start driving again. :t-up:

• Like 1

Get across to Blink Motorsport in Winsford. 

Would you pay someone to fit a couple of harnesses Ash?

Hi & Welcome.

As Paul said they just bolt in, the only drilling would be if you have FW bodywork you will have to drill though the top of the body to for the top eye bolts.

Andy

Welcome, you will be surprised at what jobs you can do on a Westfield even if you have never swung a spanner in your life, the folks on this forum will help you out time and time again, so ask away and have a go, if not pop over to blink :-)

• Like 1

These harnesses are used by many forum members http://www.plays-kool.co.uk/acatalog/FIA_Harnesses.html  One big advantage is these straps pull up to tighten not down and are released by lifting an alloy buckle.   With the  other versions you have to get out of the seat to adjust them.  If you have  a solid boot cover or lockable boot box the shoulder mounting bosses will be hidden but will be there.   You will need to cut or drill the boot box or cover to fit the eyebolts.

Your recommended garage or Blink would be Au Fait with fitting if you can't diy.

• Like 1