Afternoon all!New member looking for some advice.

YakATAC29

My obsession for kit cars started three years ago when I arrived on site with my JCB to dig a customers footings for what I found out was to be a classic car garage. After a long days work digging and laying concrete, the customer (a top bloke called Steve) came over for chin wag and a cup of tea. Over the next hour and another cupper, I listened and admired how passionate he was about his favourite classic car which was a Morgan (which I believe he has over ten of them). He persuaded me to come back later in the year when his garage was finished because he had a treat for me.

Six months past and the phone rang. It was Steve! "it's a lovely summers night, got something I think you want to have a look at, sorry drive" couldn't get me out the house fast enough! Cut a long story short, for the next three hours I drove three different classic cars. A Morgan, a 1920's car made out aluminium (sorry the name has left me) and the best till last a 1960's lotus kit car, one of the first he tells me.

What a car!! That was it! I made up my mind! I wanted one!

So after a long three year wait to save my penny's, I have now come to the time where I'm in a position to buy my first Westfield.

Now being a very busy lad, I have come to the decision that building one from scratch would be a little to much to handle at this point in my life. So a second hand one would be better suited to my price and experience as a mechanic (which admittedly I am a novice).

I know the basics and I am willing to learn.What I do know is that being tall and wide shouldered lad,an SEIW would be more suited to me.

I would appreciate your experiance to advise which path I should follow and what problem areas I should be looking out for when buying my first Westfield. It would be great if I could pop over to a local Westfield event and have a chin wag to see what I'm getting my self into.

Thanks so much for your time Ben from Peak District,Derbyshire

• Like 2

:ww:

You will like it here. Its a great place to be.

You are in the right place. Peak District.

Wait till Julie gets hold of you.

• Like 2

Thanks Geoffrey!looking forward to joining u lot  ;)  

Yer its grand but very cold at the mo!ha

hahaha!! looking forward to seeing julie!!

Can't help with any advice on cars, especially "wide boys", as mine's tiny!

But :ww: and have fun........

welcome and enjoy what ever car you find - im not small and love the snugness of the narrow :-)

Ben,

Come to me! I had 11 Westfield's in the Peak District last Sunday for you to have a look at. The plan is to be out this weekend, well every weekend really, just watching how icy it is going to be.

We normally meet at The Wheatsheaf in Baslow at 10.30 am, normally on a Sunday but often on a Saturday. Wait until you do the Via Gellia road in a Westfield, your route home I believe. It's amazing in the dark too, scary but amazing.

Keep an eye on the Events page and we hope to see you shortly

Cheers

Julie

Julie!

Your like music to my ears! :d

Your only down the road from little old Elton.I think i need to have a look at them snug narrow's as well as the wide boys me thinks!

The roads round here are brilliant for a taz road :yes:

When do you next meet Julie?

sorry julie im a bit slow,

just had a look at the calender(im a bit green)

see you there at baslow at 10:30

thanks

ben

Ben,

:t-up: Yes, that's the plan, BUT, go into the 'EVENTS' section and read the post titled 'Peak District Sat 16 Jan Around Upper Derwent Reservoir' so you are up to date. We have to be spontaneous on here as we are ruled by the weather.

They do a great full English breakfast in the Wheatsheaf if you feel peckish, also we park up at the top of the car park, near the back.

So, fingers crossed we will see you on Saturday, You can't miss us, we have a lot of clothes on, lots and lots. :)

Cheers

Julie

Julie,

sounds spot on hun..can't beat a good fry up :di'll move some stuff round at work & weather permitting i'll see you there.

thanks again

Ben

Hi Ben. SEIW offer a little extra elbow room and whatever size you are there is scope to make your seating position perfect. 6'5" is the tallest guy on here so you'll be ok. Also a good opportunity with the Peak District clan to try all variations of seating and Westfields in general. They,re very keen up there even at this time of year. Wrap up warm.

• Like 1

Welcome Ben! We have some fantastic runs out in the peaks, the weather doesnt seem to stop us!

Look forward to seeing you at a meet!

Russ

:ww: and hope to see you Saturday Ben, Julie, Glen and other nutters will be out again!!!

• Like 1

, the weather doesnt seem to stop us!

Even when you don't have a roof..

Unless it's flooded..... Russ is out.  :yes:   

• Like 1