Northampton meet

dombanks

There should be a meet at the Sywell Aerodrome Hotel on the 11th from 19:30 onwards. If you contact Richard (07915-983528), he'll keep you updated...

Ah... Maybe last month I got the wrong day? The website says first Wednesday of the month.

I'll drop him a line thanks.

That's an ongoing misprint/configuration. Has been mentioned loads of times to Richard, but I believe he is unable to fix it, and it never went beyond that.

If it's dry I will bring my new car :-)

sounds good. i probably cant make it on monday as i'm moving everything on sunday. shame it would be good to see.

That's an ongoing misprint/configuration. Has been mentioned loads of times to Richard, but I believe he is unable to fix it, and it never went beyond that.

oh.

If someone can clarify and confirm to us the monthly meet day / time details, I can update the details on our map and in the mag. :)

I've already emailed Richard for the details.

I've amended Richard, the Northants AO's signature for him, to show the correct meeting day of the second Monday of the month and also updated our local areas map to show the same.

Please note, Northamptonshire do have a local web site too, but the local member that ran it has moved on and the site is one or two years behind, so please disregard any event/meet dates listed there, and check the main WSCC sites first.

(Unfortunately, there are a few local sites that were put together by enthusiastic area members, semi-officially; over time, some of the guys that set them up have moved on to other interests, and the orphaned sites are sometimes left without any easy means of access to update them for the members that follow on. This is one of the reasons your club web master, Adrian, has been working very hard for some time now on a new way of doing things, that will include area sites that are easily editable, and more to the point, that the club will easily be able to hand over the reigns for as AO's change and move on.)

• Like 2

the venue looks quite posh. i arrived there on a murky damp december evening and it was all very surreal with its areo/aluminium/avaiatio neon theme.

shame i wont be able to make it monday.

Good work gents - the sywell aerodrome bar has for many years been listed owing to its Art Deco design and aviation history. I worked there in the 80's as a glass collector (I prefer that to "alcoholic") and bar man. The history of the airport is very interesting and many items of WW2 kit were made and assembled at sywell. After the war rumour has it that the hotel enjoyed a reputation a party palace.... A theme that continues on the second Monday of every month.

Does that mean an ex-mighty crossflow speed series competitor might just be gracing us with tales of new-found machinery then?