Geniuine - 1'cs and seats question

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

tn_gallery_15810_273_40274.jpg

Sorry to bring this up and I know we are all getting sick of this but on page 22

https://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Competition_Instructions.pdf

just seen the picture on the scroth website; so if I run 1c's I need hans / hans helmet / new roll bar and new seats.... is this correct as I run the standard sports seats from westfield?

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/seats?product_id=615

Yes, you're correct John, you'll need a seat with harness slots and everything else you mention.

Thought you were going to enter A John.

just checking as not sure what compound the 888s are so need to check

my compound is SG does this make me 1b or 1c?

cheers

john

I am going to do a hill climb next season, hence along the same thought I have checked with MSA re SG / GG with r888's and their reply was that we can use either In 1B as long as they are E marked...

Correct, the Toyo are listed as 1b.  no mention of different compounds

there e marked . so class A here we come!!

I am going to do a hill climb next season, hence along the same thought I have checked with MSA re SG / GG with r888's and their reply was that we can use either In 1B as long as they are E marked...

are they taking the p***   .  my avons are emarked.

• Like 1

That was not the point of my question to the MSA,,,,

Based on the 1B list, which the r888's are, I asked if I could use either compound, ,,, answer = yes... Noting that they have to be E marked, which both are

The avons have to be in the 1A, 1B list to start with.....

been looking at my blue book a zzr are are in both 1b and 1c lists

top of ib list it states if the tyre below is e marked then it is permitted

my zzr tyres are e marked purchased before 01.11.2014 . so why do I have to run them as 1c tyres

• Like 1

I think that Nick / SSOT need to make a ruling on it as they no longer make the r888 in SG and there are other tyres also in soft compounds that are no longer made, yokohama a048 for example, so it would seem slightly unfair that competitors who happen to have them get to use them while new competitors or competitors moving to the road going classes cannot buy them. Don't get me wrong - personally I don't care and would be happy to compete against someone on them - but the whole reason we're in this mess is because the MSA/tyre manufacturers/EU have stopped us from using the emarked tyres we already have, so it would seem reasonable to be consistent?

Perhaps Nick could clarify?

Pete I understand Zzr only 1b if oe caterham spec which is not then a24 compound

Pete I understand Zzr only 1b if oe caterham spec which is not then a24 compound

yes so im told.   but I don't read it  like that  in the book .and has barney has been told if they are e marked then they are ok  to use [r888 sg ] as 1b . which I think are same efficiency rated  .

that hole the msa  they keep digging is getting deeper and deeper . I don't see it getting clearer at all . and im  quessing  some competitors could challenge  them come the start of next year.

but the rest of us will have good a different route . by which time it will be to late .