British Grand Prix advice.

jimthedrummer

Evening all.

Bit of a big birthday today and I have just been told I will receive race day tickets for the British Grand Prix. I would like to take my 6 and 8 year old kids. I know that getting in is probably fairly horrendous traffic wise. In a perfect world I would like to stay in a reasonably priced hotel, fairly close by, and head in early on race day. But, I know it is not a perfect world!!

Is this possible, and if so, can anyone recommend anywhere?

Alternatively, are the family friendly camping areas family friendly??

. In a perfect world I would like to stay in a reasonably priced hotel, fairly close by,  They dont exist on GP weekend

Alternatively, are the family friendly camping areas family friendly?? Yes Woodlands campsite.

I have attended every GP weekend since 76' except for 3, but 3 years we had 2 GPs, so that makes 2016 my 40th GP :d

But I think you have to book your woodlands tickets at the same time as you book your GP tickets.

There are lots of other campsites close by, Litchlake farm is good and just across the road from the main entrance, but If your planning on turning up on Saturday night you will probably find all the close by sites are full.

Are you sure your tickets are Sunday only? when you book early I'm sure 3 day tickets are the same price, I only ever book 3 day tickets so it's best to check that one.

You and your kids will have a fantastic time :t-up:

3 years ago I drove from my house (sywell) to silverstone at 10 am and was in the paddock in 31 minutes.  have a look at sywell aerodrome and hotel and perhaps have a helicopter transfer?  quite reasonable if you wanted to treat the kids :-) 

• Like 1

Premier In  is about a mile from the track on the A43, book early.

• Like 1

There is family camping available. I'm taking the wife and two kids, 7 and 3 years old. Although not camped at the GP before I have heard glowing reports. The camping element adds another feature for the kids, we're all really looking forward to it!

As Quinten said, I've always used the park and ride from Sixfields and it was very hassle-free. Getting back was also quick as they lay on loads of buses

Bit off the original topic looked over the weekend as the sister is a big F1 fan at getting tickets , £299 for a decent seat seems about what I was expecting so no shock there but £65 for two day car parking is bit of a joke ...what's that all about?

i went a few years back camped on woodlands great atmosphere stayed in the family area as there are two areas really quiet had electric hook up aswell but and its a big but for me the weather was shocking it rained for the whole 4 days i was there and after that i vowed if i went again i wouldnt camp in a tent. it was so bad i got towed to my pitch in and out by a tractor. went a year later and drove on the morning like others of said i literaly drove straight in they spent alot of money on the transport in and out of silverstone