Sat 12th December, Weigh Your Car Day

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Matty - I've heard a lot about your car, will you take me for a spin?

No problem!

• Like 2

I'm in Buxton for a family day, going in westy may bump into you, 

Have fun 

Sean.

Count me in as well if the weather is good, I do have a hood but no frame. (Adds weight)

Robin do you want to meet at Woolley edge like last time? better in numbers to travel south of the border  :d

Robin do you want to meet at Woolley edge like last time? better in numbers to travel south of the border  :d

Can do, how does 9:00 sound?

And we can keep an eye out for those South Yorkshire bandits.

• Like 1

Can do, how does 9:00 sound?

And we can keep an eye out for those South Yorkshire bandits.

9am sounds fine c u then  :t-up:

• Like 1

Julie - whats the "rather interesting place with a flying theme" ?

Julie - whats the "rather interesting place with a flying theme" ?

Base jumping off the bendy spire  :p

• Like 1

Oh no, what no Sean and Emma, but I wanted to see your car next to it's twin - Marcus, oh well, another time maybe, my camera will be waiting. So we are in the presence of comedians what with McDonalds and Crooked Spire jokes, very good, very funny, sets the tone for the day don't you think?

Now to Russ, who is waiting very patiently for his answer (as well as a bent gear stick). For anyone that does not need to leave after the weigh in we can, if you want, go and sit here and have some lunch.

Air2_zps5w6nv8c1.jpg

And watch these taking off and landing

Air_zpsvq8ukrde.jpg

We went the other day and I sat in this plane, oh what a mistake, I got the 'Westfield' feeling. I held the controls, put my feet on the pedals and squeaked with excitement, I so wanted to fly it. 'Glen, we need to win the lottery' Yes, Russ, may I introduce you to your local airport, Netherthorpe Airfield, if you want that is?

Weather permitting I'll meet at Woolley edge too, sounds like a good day, thanks once again Julie for arranging.

• Like 2

Kids Taxing rearranged, so i should be ok for this. Weather predictor states 12/10 on the mildly moist scale.  roof on  :yes:

I think it will be snowing tomorrow so no flying I guess?  :p

Nope, it doesn't work. Why is it that I think if I just click on the weather report one more time it will have totally changed. Well it hasn't so it is going to rain again and the roof is on. my car will defo be the heaviest now. Just remind me, was it a lovely cool, sunny winters day all day today? Yes, I thought so.

Regarding the airfield visit, Martyn is quite right, there will be no flying tomorrow but Andy, the man there, said he will let us have a tour of the hangar if he has time. We can decide what we want to do after the weighing depending how bad the rain is.

Russ, they have 150LL, low lead, so a definite potential for you.

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I might not make it tomorrow.

It looks like it will be throwing it down and not having a hood that fits properly, well you know what I mean. I'll see what it's like in the morning and let you know.

And I think my gearbox might be falling out.