Wet right foot when it rains

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

It was a very wet run out last Saturday, the heaviest rain yet. My right foot was soaked. I am used to drying the carpets out now, it has become the normal post journey activity. Next time I will wear my 'Sealskinz' waterproof socks because the water is coming in from underneath as well, it has just rained that much lately. 

Thank you to everyone for your input and we will persevere with the silicone sealant as a way of reducing rather than stopping water ingress.

• Like 1

These days I am mostly a fair weather runner but previously I have simply applied a line of body coloured insulating tape along the bonnet to scuttle line. The coloured tape is very cheap at Toolstation but of course has to come off for under bonnet checks so not ideal;  but it does stop the wet foot syndrome.