Peak District Sat 28 and Sun 29 Nov

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Yes you read it correct, Saturday and Sunday, only Bioman is keen on both days because his rally has been cancelled. How could I refuse? 

I will do the B Road Special part 2 on Saturday starting at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow at 10.30 am and finishing in Ashbourne at 3 pm. We will get fuel in Bakewell and head 'off piste'. I will have time to incorporate a run through the tunnel. Then we will stop for lunch at the National Trust cafe in Ilam (pronounced eye-lamb) before making our way to the Bentley Brook and it's real fire.

On Sunday I will do a route that tickles about around the Buxton area.

Bioman and his son (Babybio? he is 30ish though) are coming, anyone else?

Sorry busy on Saturday...a few christmas 'sherries' with workmates

Sunday meeting the relis for the pre christmas present swap for the kids.

and i need to start the wiring of the christmas lights.. I've been to Wilko :-)

Have a good one.

Bah humbug, just one of many reasons why I hate Christmas. Thanks for letting me know, have a nice weekend guys and maybe catch you next time.

I have just edited my post, I am going through the route for Saturday and because we have already done some of the route a few weeks ago, we will have time to go through the tunnel, brill.

Did somebody mention a tunnel  ???  :love:

Have you had a word about the weather, a little less of the wet stuff this time  :)

Hi Julie  :) , many thanks for sorting this out, really appreciate it. Looking forward to meeting up with you and Glen and as usual having some great banter,

Regards Richard

I've been waterproofing Martin, hopefully I won't need it but in the event, it will be a good test.

Thanks for the reply folks, look forward to seeing you all. Bring you GoPro for the tunnel!

Regarding Sunday I am doing a separate post. Please use this one for Saturday only. Sunday will be good!!

Weather looks wet for Saturday PM but better on Sunday  :)

• Like 1

my cars in bits atm might be ok for Sunday have a good run tomoz  :t-up:

• Like 1

This Westfielding in the rain, it must be good because we keep doing it. Still, it beats salty, snowy roads any day. A fairly short route today and not a fast one, appropriate to the road conditions at this time of year, we still had a few fast hills on selected bits and Martyn still managed a bit of drifting in Russ's absence.

Glen and I set off and basically got gassed, we had not even got to The Wheatsheaf at this point. Yesterday Glen had wrapped my exhaust and bought the engine up to temperature once to clear the smoke. So when it got hot today it carried on fuming, only we had the roof on, cough, cough, good job it is well ventilated.

Martyn and Sue are normally last to arrive (because of the very long journey I might add), but today they were already there, parked up with no roof on as it was not raining yet. Glen and I arrived at the same time as Rickyboy and Brooke, and Bioman and Baby bio. By the time we had all walked down to the Wheatsheaf we had decided Martyn and Sue must have stayed the night to be here already, plus we should tell them it was chucking it down with rain, even though it wasn't, and watch the panic on their face as they realise they have no roof on. It was going to be a naughty day. 

The Wheatsheaf

b%20road%20part2%20001_zpszb51k2zm.jpg

After a catch up and an apology to Babybio(James) for all the car talk, there is a lot of it, we set off for fuel and the tunnel.

Glen was very kind and stood in the rain to take photo's and film, thank you.

Martyn's tunnel

b%20road%20part2%20012_zpsnfs0bynm.jpg

Rickyboy's tunnel, not going fast there were you?

b%20road%20part2%20014_zpsgq1gmnka.jpg

Bioman's tunnel

b%20road%20part2%20015_zps1vxuokxn.jpg

Thank you everyone for not running my husband over.

Apres tunnel

b%20road%20part2%20016_zpsupewuceh.jpg

• Like 1