Guy Martin plus Vulcan on TV

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

1956 was a bad year also !!

8th  Feb 1956? six Hunters in one day! 

While there's loads of sad fatalities listed, there are a few slightly comical ones..

21st June 1968, Lightning F1A

"Failed to take a bend in the taxiway and ran into the side of a squadron office at Coltishall, Norfolk after the brake failure. The throttles were jammed and the aircraft proceeded to suck out the entire contents of the office paper trays. The local Rolls Royce representative crawled beneath the aircraft to shut down the engines and the pilot escaped by climbing onto the roof of the office"

Oh dear.. 

I've just realised I was at sywell for Guys Vulcan fly by with the blades, photos in my other thread.

And chopping up the brand new Nimrods in 2011 now buyin ashed load of Boeings.

Bob :cry:

It always seems so petty and vindictive the way they destroy these things. Make damn sure nobody can question the decision....

Don't know about AWACS vs. Nimrod, but the F-111s that we bought to do the job the TSR-2 was going to ended up costing more and doing less.