I've put a heated seat in the Westie

TAFKARM

For the missus, honest. 

Picked one of these up from Aldi yesterday,

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-19-nov/product-detail/ps/p/heated-car-seat-cushion/

Gave it a try in the garage last night and its pretty good! Should keep her quiet on winter runs out..!

• Like 2

I just hope the fragile westfield electrics are up to it!

You can get retro fit pads that actually fit inside car seats, beneath the outer layer of upholstery; they're a popular-ish upgrade in the Cateringvan fraternity, some of whom really do use the cars all year round and do normal tin top levels of annual milage. Anything that gives the driver and or passenger more opportunities to enjoy their car's has to be a good thing!

I will tell you what else are good as a comfort factor for passengers.

You can buy pocket warmers on eBay that are like a flat packet of crisps. You shake them in the air and they heat up and last about 12 hours.

We use them and they are very good and also cheap.

For the missus, honest.

Picked one of these up from Aldi yesterday,

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-19-nov/product-detail/ps/p/heated-car-seat-cushion/

Gave it a try in the garage last night and its pretty good! Should keep her quiet on winter runs out..!

Me too :yes:

Stocks will be limited and not all stores.

Did you go for 1 or 2 smeg? Im a bit worried about the power draw of having two running...

Did you go for 1 or 2 smeg? Im a bit worried about the power draw of having two running...

It's a Westfield, if, and it's a big if, they had a marginally too heavy draw, it wouldn't be too hard to run a dedicated feed in.

I was thinking more of the small alternator struggling to keep my small battery charged..

Unless it's really tiny, you shouldn't really have an issue. Don't forget these things are only designed to run through a lighter socket. Not sure what these are rated at, but the old Aldi ones from last year or so were only 35 Watts. ie 2.5 - 3 Amps roughly, (depending on charging Voltage)

I wondered this a bit.

But once travelling thought it would be fine.

Note, if you are powering them through a cigarette lighter type connection, make sure you get a decent quality splitter, as the cheap one in two out type can be a bit marginal and start to melt!

Out of interest, does it give the electrical details on the packaging or the covers themselves?

:d  :d  :d 'Old Sparky' there. I can imagine you driving along (probably in the rain, if you are with us) and I see a set of bones light up in my rear view mirror.

I thought you were a hard nut last Saturday coming out in the rain with no roof, so I am glad to see you have a softer side. I can fess up here that I have thought about filling a hot water bottle up and sitting it on my lap, perhaps asking a friendly cafe owner to give me a refill halfway round. :d

Ted Bundy eat your heart out.