Hello Westfield World

alcyon

Hello everybody.

First of all, sorry for my poor english as per i'm a frenchy :)

Feel free to talk french with me if you dare....

I'am a 38 yo man, who discover a westfield near my home, laying in a garden since 7 years....and I decided to give her a new life....

So I'm currently learning what is a Westfield....and what a such good toy it is !!!

As you guess, the car need a partial rebuild, and I'm looking for informations, and parts to give her the new life she deserves :)

Maybe you can give me furthers informations about this car.

-> The vin is : 89WSExxxx  (xxxx is not the end of the VIN, but not important I think)

I understood that the frame has been product during the year 1989, Am I right ?

what is the meaning of the "WSE" ?

I understood that it's a narrow, but is it a Wide one ??

--> The engine :

Ford Kent Xflow

Twin weber 40 (I have already order a service kit, and I will clean them this WE)

I have already start the engine, but still runing not good at all, I will see after the Weber cleaning and the service.

--> Body :

The body need a new paint, and I'm not sure to want to keep the big wings as origine. Many of owners mount some small front wings like recents Westfields....what do you thing about that ?

Same for the headlamp, that need to be changed (rusty), originally I thing they are 7 inch lamp, maybe small front wings and smaller lamps will give her a look younger.

--> Parts I need for the moment... (I will post in the right section later)

Head lamp 7 inches or less.... (I thing I need LHD lamps for the french roads....)

2 Seats leather

Small front wings (maybe)

Side screens

Steering well leather

Thank you to have taking time to read....and have a good day.

Bonjour et bienvenue. Félicitations pour votre achat. Vous aimerez ici à la WSCC. s'il vous plaît publier des photos que nous aimons photos.

• Like 2

Bonjour (that's my only bit of French) from Sunny Manchester :d

Welcome to the club and the world of Westfields where no two are the same.

Remember removing the swept wings will leave holes in the body work which will need to be sorted, there are plenty who have made the conversion though and I'm sure you will get plenty of advice and guidance.

The standard lights these days are 5 3/4" though you can go smaller and then there are the likes of the Venom lights with built in DRLs.

I would also think carefully about leather seats, Westfields do tend to get wet and you need to think about leather soaking up water. A lot of seats tend to be vinyl of the shell variety.

Good luck with the rebuild.

GRP seats are much more useful as they are comfortable and do not soak up the rain and can easily be dried off

Welcome to the club.

I also have a Narrow body SE with a 1600cc Crossflow and twin 40's. My chassis no is also 89WSEXXXX, it would be interesting to find out how close they are. Post some photos please.

bonsoir :d  and good evening :t-up:

post some pictures of your Westfield :t-up:

Bonjour (that's my only bit of French) from Sunny Manchester :d

Sorry, but for a spanish guy from mallorca like me, living near to manchester this is absolutely not funny. :(

OP. You will have a big piece of work there... depends of what you use your westy, the "big wings" are really nice. If you want to take a more racing look, so, a cicle wings should be the bit to find.

Welcome from a newbee also, with worst english that yours. You will find really helpfull people here, so take a sit and get ready to learn a lot of things.