Finding previous owners?

Andy - a15cro

Really happy with the Westfield I bought this year, but now things have gone a bit quieter its go me thinking. I wouldn't mind seeing if I can find out a little more about its origins. Finding the original owner/builder would be great, even finding previous owners would be quite cool as well. The car came with limited info a few receipts, and no build details so when it comes to parts finding I may be fishing.

Can anyone offer any advise as to the best way to do this?

This is all I can come up with so far

Y641UOKWestfield 1800 Sport

Y641UOK is a Orange 2001 Westfield 1800 Sport with a numberplate first registered in Birmingham in 2001. This Medium MPV was first used on the road on Wednesday 1st August 2001

I'd start the search for information by contacting the previous owner to see how much they can remember about past owners and the cars history. The v5 will list the address of the previous owner and also the number of past owners. The few receipts and paperwork you have might also be able to furnish you with an address.

Westfield themselves may also be able to advise if the car was sold as a kit or factory build, but for obvious reasons probably wont give you any personal details of the purchaser.

The 10th digit on your chassis number will also give an indication of how long it took build the car. A "V" for example would be a chassis built in 1997 whilst W=1998 X=1999 Y=2000 1=2001

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, unfortunately the last owner didn't know much about the cars previous owner, he even told me it used to be green, but unless its had a new set of bodywork, thats not true. I did text him to thank him and praise the car but he's never replied, either pleased he's got the cash, or too painful he lost his toy.

I might try the factory route first just to see what I can find out.

You can ask the DVLA for the information they have about previous owners - there is a form to download from their web site, and a  small fee to pay.  I did this and have been in touch with three out of the four previous owners.

Geoff