Paris

TAFKARM

Woke up this morning to the news and am struggling to comprehend it all.

Thoughts are with all those involved. :(

• Like 1

Life has now changed for many people, as Merkel has said, this is not just an attack on France, it is an attack on all or us. No where we go will ever be totally safe again as these fanatics want to die in the attacks, which is so different to say the IRA who wanted to get their aims but not at the cost of their own lives.

We need to be prepared for these attacks in the UK but get on with doing what we do as otherwise they win.

My fear is that there will be a backlash against Muslims in the West by the far right and normally sane people will begin to agree with them and support them.

The West will now be forced to take this fight to ISIS hopefully with Russia as an ally and support the legitimate Government in Syria. The Arab spring has led to a winter of despair

• Like 2

Nothing has changed. London in 2007 is just one example that this stuff isn't just on tv in a far away land but can very easily be your friends and family in your capital city.

Most Muslims are peaceful, I totally believe and appreciate this.......... But how many Germans were peaceful people during WW2? Still 60 million people died.

Something has to be done and that something is undoubtedly going to affect more than just the extremist element. Someone just needs to grow some balls and get it sorted.

As for France, well they need to take the army into the Paris "no go zones" like Molenbeek (which I've been told do exist, just not to the extremes of Fox news reports) and retake the entire city.

Just home from Paris

Job cancelled

We've cancelled all buz travel for our colleagues based in France and anyone intl to/from France.

molenbeek is in brussels not Paris. its comments like no travel to France and such narrow minded comments like these that spawn the intolerance that causes such problems

molenbeek is in brussels not Paris. its comments like no travel to France and such narrow minded comments like these that spawn the intolerance that causes such problems

The problems stem from not treating people as equal regardless of skin tone. On one hand we have hard line racists pushing these people into their own separate communities, on the other hand we have PC racists bending the rules out of fear, because someone has a mild sun tan.

Would we let the Polish come, take over entire areas of a town/city and declare their own law? no. Do we have any issue treating them the same as everyone else? no.

The French authorities dropped the ball and people paid for this with their lives, but what will now happen is the public will blame the Muslim community and make this whole thing 10x worse. I'm starting to see it on FB and it angers me that people are being so easily mislead.

If people could just see everyone as equals, accept and respect cultural and religious beliefs, and live together in peace without prejudice, then these extremist views would be dealt with before they became an issue.

There is a problem in the EU in many areas and it is the rise of the far right and this plays into their hands. Marie Le Penn is currently awaiting a trial for inciting racial tension, if this court case was tomorrow she would walk as she will point to this atrocity as supporting what she said.

The big problem with any immigrant's is that they do not really want to mix. Take the British who live in Spain, what they really want is all live together in the Sun, go and play bingo and get served by everyone who can speak English. Integration is not what they want or seek in the main.

So when others come over here, where do they move to? Areas where they have the same support that others feel they need, but this tends to be poorer areas of housing and the cycle of ill feeling grows.

Ask yourself, how many of the people who have gone to fight in Syria are successful individuals? They are in the main loners who have not achieved anything and as such are ripe to be manipulated by those not brave enough to do the dirty work themselves.  

We have allowed the liberals PC brigade to mark anyone with concerns as a racist, which has stopped debate. We have bent over backwards to allow Halal slaughter, also Kosher slaughter, to placate religion. We have abandoned animal welfare so to not upset certain people, but more importantly we have abandoned our rights to have an opinion, to use the free speech our fore bearers fought for, because anyone who voices concerns is by definition a racist rather than being seen as a person who wants to improve things by discussion. 

I have friends who are straight, gay, black, white, Asian, Christian, Hindu, Muslim and all of these are decent people who all want to live in peace. They want to go to work, on holiday without fear of being killed. And remember ISIS are murdering Muslims each and every day around the world, who are not agreeing with their version.

I know it is easy to say but for Paris and the rest of us we need to carry on as normal as possible. If I had work in Paris I would go in the same way I went to London the day after the bus bombings, as to cancel everything means they win.  

• Like 4

Just a quickie here folks. This one is on the Moderation Team's radar at the moment simply because it's a highly emotive subject. Personally I have every faith that while everyone here is appalled by what happened in Paris, and the people who post on these forums are intelligent and not racist or bigoted, if there's anyone who knows just how easy it is to type something that gets misinterpreted, it's me. Please please please be careful when expressing your opinions that they don't backfire on you - read it before you post it, re-read it again and think how others will read and interpret what you say from their viewpoint and experience. If the Moderation Team decides a line has been crossed, they will not hesitate to moderate, hide posts or lock threads, much as they dislike doing do, if it is required or opinions and complaints demands.

We can all agree that we stand with the victims and their friends and families at this tragic and senseless time. None of has the magic answer on how to fix this, but we can be united in not being bowed by armed and intolerant terrorists. I was very glad Nick led off the awards night last night with a moment's silence for the Paris victims.

Thanks folks :)

• Like 3