To SORN or not to SORN

iain m

I have always kept my car taxed all year as it appeared you could only SORN for specific periods, just received my tax renewal "£255.00" and Sorn suddenly seems a good idea. As the expiry date is 30 November considering laying up until March which I understood the new rules allowed but searching all the FAQ unable to confirm this, am I correct??????????????// 

I did not think there was a minimum period for SORN and you can retax at anytime by internet

I did not think there was a minimum period for SORN and you can retax at anytime by internet

What I thought.

BUT Winter can deliver some of the very best drives out imo

What I thought.

BUT Winter can deliver some of the very best drives out imo

This.

Ok, bit of a wet weekend this week, round here. But we've had blue skies this week just gone, and it's still virtually t-shirt weather most of the time.

Im still looking forward to the first properly cold weather boat of the year, but it's still too mild. It's sooooooo hard to beat running a Westfield in cool crisp winter air though, feels like you've just come from the engine tuners 

This.

Ok, bit of a wet weekend this week, round here. But we've had blue skies this week just gone, and it's still virtually t-shirt weather most of the time.

Im still looking forward to the first properly cold weather boat of the year, but it's still too mild. It's sooooooo hard to beat running a Westfield in cool crisp winter air though, feels like you've just come from the engine tuners 

Sod that ! mines sorned till the butter starts melting again  :)

I would keep it taxed all year.

There are some lovely drives out to be had over winter, especially to a good café for early breakfast.

I bought a Carcoon Veloce and I just wash Buttercup after going out and in the carcoon there is moving air and she soon dries off ready for the next outing. 

I kept mine taxed all year for ten years but once I had fitted a fibreglass driving seat it became a pain to drive on Buckinghamshire's famous potholed road. Topless driving is now satisfied by my very civilised Z3 while the Westfield is kept for trackdays only. A-Plan insure it still on very limited mileage for very limited money so I can take it for an MoT legally once a year. 

Mine was up at the end of last mouth, I set a direct debit up to pay monthly. You can then almost stop & start it as you like.

Hoping to do a track day Friday if it's dry forecast :0)

Abingdon? ???

. It's sooooooo hard to beat running a Westfield in cool crisp winter air though, feels like you've just come from the engine tuners 

I thought it was just me.

They do seem to run better in the cold.

• Like 1

Abingdon? ???

Yeah!! You going?? I can't decide there was x7 places left Friday and watching the forecast like a hawk !

I hadn't intended to, but if it looks like a dry day there's a chance I might - one last hurrah! :d

• Like 1

Ok, currently Andy has my favourite Westie/snow pic.  :yes: 

• Like 1