Peak District Sat 14th Nov, Matlock Mystery Tour

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Artist Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS at 10.30 am on Saturday 14th November. It is a large car park with toilets at one end, on the A6 between Matlock and Matlock Bath, there are big yellow 40 mph speed cameras on the road at the car park entrance.

Where are we going? he, he, you will have to follow me to find out, but it is not far and involves very big engines. There is a lovely cafe with views and lots of cake at the half way point. We have been scouting today and it is good.

We will finish back at Matlock at 3pm.

If the weather gets forecast to be fairer on Sunday (15th) it might be better to push this on a day, so keep an eye on the forum later next week.

Just to let you know, the following weekend (21 and 22 Nov) I will not be organising anything as we are going to be doing 100 mph with my new Tiger Owner friends that I made last week. Not on the road, in the air, we are going to Zip World Velocity, I will let you google that one, can't wait though!  better get the roof out again.

Hope to see some of you next weekend

Julie

• Like 1

Hi Julie.

I envy you going on the zip line.

I tried to book two tickets to go earlier in the year and to also do the quarry tour, until someone sat not a million miles away said she didn't fancy the idea, so I never went. :down:  

That's an easy one to sort out, don't tell her until you get there, it's too late then. 

I will let you use my title...Mystery Tour!

I had to laugh when I saw your mystery tour title as I messaged one of the other AO's a couple of days ago saying I had an idea for a mystery tour. Not to your place though.

You need to film you zip line experience and post it up.

Geoff,

I was joking when I said don't tell Carol where you are going, but don't stop with the idea of a mystery tour yourself, I wish more people would do one. Another good idea is to arrange a photo shoot. They all make good reading on here too!

i will put the zip line in stuff and nonsense for you, so look out for it in 2 weeks.

Cheers

Julie

Hi Julie.

No worries from me with anything you said.

If I didn't tell carol I would pay for the tickets and she would get there and say...I am not doing it...and I would have wasted my money.

Check you messages in a few minutes as going to send you something.....schhhhh. mums the word.

Yep, I will be there. Half hood now fitted, so i can now throw away the block and tackle required to stretch fit a full vinyl hood in cold weather :-)

• Like 1

Do you think this will be going ahead Julie? (I'm happy to head out in any weather!)

Sat AM looks ok to me... getting damper as the weekend progresses :-(

Yes this event is still on. 

I am reading a level of enthusiasm in your posts, so if you are happy to have a soggy one, then so am I.

I had better go and fetch the roof in to warm it up, before giving ourselves a hernia putting it on tomorrow. Glen has to put the corner press studs on, I have no chance.

May as well stick with the Saturday as it has forecast rain for both days.

My carpets have not dried out from the last soggy one……. but at least I have some new wipers for this one!!!!!

• Like 2

Mildly moist until 3pm... no late finishes or i will shrink when wet  :getmecoat:

Have towels, umbrellas, a heater, wellies, swim suit, goggles, snorkel etc..  Nothing wrong with a soggy one.  :t-up: