That'll teach em

TAFKARM

Passing the time waiting for my plane to take off - was particularly amused at the gate when a chap threw his suitcase away rather than pay £50 for Ryanair to put it in the hold!

• Like 2

Don't understand why some enterprising soul doesn't take the opportunity to prey on the inconvenienced and offer a shipping service for this sort of thing - must happen all the time. Not much excuse for getting caught though - it's not as if they make a secret of the fact they don't like luggage, or even passengers all that much. Think yourself lucky you get an indoor seat.

They do display the correct size and weight you can take on as hand luggage!

Indeed they do.....but the airlines apply the rules inconsistently so folk get away with it one day, but not another. I'm so bl**** conformist it's almost funny....and go to great lengths to make sure I am always within the rules, try not to inconvenience others etc etc. Really pisses me off when I see folk taking absurdly large 'hand luggage' onboard a plane. Quite often it's so big and heavy they can't even lift it into the overheads. I'd fine those people....

Yep i one the rules as we'll and have no sympathy for anyone who get caught when deliberately abusing the rules

Friend of mine worked as a loader here at Gatwick. He got called to the gate with a problem..

A bloke going Africa had a Land Rover short block in a big bag and was trying to fit it in the overhead locker!!!

Imagine that on Ryanair!!

• Like 1