New Nissan Leaf...

tex

Wouldn't say no to a Tesla S P85D though, but that's got nothing to do with 'green' and everything to do with the performance and looks of the thing for me.

If i'm honest thats part of the appeal for me, they're pretty smart cars, and the Model S P85D has pretty decent range and amazing performance but would lease because i have the fear of resale value of these vehicles.  Model S is a big car and it will be interesting to see what the Model X turns out like on UK roads (it looks massive!) but has a lot going for it and with a little one on the way is safe as you can get to travel around in.

Unless you have PV you have to accept that the energy is running the car is most likely coming from a fossil fuel burning power station somewhere and what will happen when we have millions of EV cars to recycle with all those batteries!

I have 18 months left on the BMW and i'm not sure what i will do at the end, whether i try and save to buy it outright and run it on/ trade it in or start saving now for the next deposit; to get the monthly payments down to £300/m took a hefty deposit and if i just handed it back i would have nothing to show for it really.  Anyone got any suggestions on that?