Type 9 Gearbox. NOT NEEDED NOW!

stephenh

I need a Ford type 9 gearbox for my next project. Either standard (Sierra, short input shaft) in "original" condition for rebuilding, or a re-built one with long first (2.98) and pref short top (0.87), in newly re-built or close to it condition.

Anything considered, at the right price!

Pm sent Stephen

I don't think I mean 2.98 long first! I think that is a standard Sierra bottom.

Marty, you have pm.

Just to be clear, if it is a re-built 'box in good condition, it is a synchro' helical, or semi-helical 'box I'd want. I don't want a straight-cut 'box, as my project is going to be mainly fun road use, with maybe the occasional trackday.

just to late sold mine to windy

Have a recent ( August) rebuilt by 1st motion - unused - type 9 short shaft Heavy duty (250hp) 2.66 1st / 0.86 / 5th  geared for 3.92 / 15" wheels /  mzr -duratec / 7.5K -8K rpm  - change of engine swap means this is now surplus to requirements.

• Like 1

I have the same first motion fettled box with my Duratec, its great!

Neil, you have pm.

I don't need a heavy duty 'box, as it is going in a car with quite low power and torque, but if the price is right then heavy duty is fine!

I have now found what I want, thanks.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.