Phones

dombanks

In your case I can see why as your submerged in the apple culture but for me I'm fed up of being screwed by apple updates etc. dont get me wrong I have no regret on this phone its been great for many years but I tend to lay out for a phone and them run it till death. Really I'm being forced into this upgrade as no new apps will run on the os I've got and from what I've read upgrading to the newest os will brick the phone.

The htc gets a great review from many people and seems robust. The mrs has one and she's terrible with phones

Do you mind if I hijack this thread a little? ;)

I have an IPhone 5s, I'm not really into mobile phones but it was a present :d

Previously I always had the cheapest phone I could get, and I've now learned that cheap is crap, and I really like the IPhone, thanks Son :t-up:

But in the 10 months I've had it I've had reminders to update my operating system about 3 times, the latest today, do I really need to update to IOS 9.1 or whatever? what will happen if I don't? each time I've done it I get more apps that I don't use and will probably never use.

Ta

Paul

I'm running OS8.4.1 all it has done for me is stop me getting the latest apps. It was gradual at first just a few here and there. Now it's most. I'm on a 4s. The reason I didn't is I know too many people who have had their phone go tits up after an update. It seems that once a new model comes out the updates that follow it slow the older phones down. Makes sense as new software is probably written for the faster tech but still its annoying when a useable phone becomes slow just due to aggressive updating.

I doubt this is limited to apple but it seems like the htc/Samsung android users don't get as any updates

• Like 1

I had an iphone 4S and swapped to Samsung - best thing I ever done phone wise (Android for me has been much better) - I fully understand that iphones work and are simple to use - but I was fed up of being constrained and locked into the apple money making system -

I also purchased a Samsung tablet and it performs the way I want it to - I can put in separate micro cards and not restricted to the built in memory for books/films/music that comes with having an apple product.

• Like 1

I'm an Apple sheep too but am also feeling the update pain is killing my 4s

As said by most, what attracted me is the swish interface that just works unlike Android somewhat DIY operating system.

I recently bought a 7" Windows tablet for the sole purpose of connecting it to the Westy, Emerald ECU for mapping, it was the cheapest I could buy but i'm quite happy with it.

I think the apple bubble might just burst shortly.....

Ive also heard good things about the Nexus with it being pure Android.

I'm on the hunt for a good dual sim because my works mobile has no data (I know in this day and age)

Do you mind if I hijack this thread a little? ;)

I have an IPhone 5s, I'm not really into mobile phones but it was a present :d

Previously I always had the cheapest phone I could get, and I've now learned that cheap is crap, and I really like the IPhone, thanks Son :t-up:

But in the 10 months I've had it I've had reminders to update my operating system about 3 times, the latest today, do I really need to update to IOS 9.1 or whatever? what will happen if I don't? each time I've done it I get more apps that I don't use and will probably never use.

Ta

Paul

I've left mine on 8.1.1, its fine not to update it (I dont update mine as im happy with how it works and dont want a new feature imposed on me that makes it unusable!)

I'd rather stick hot needles into my eyes and nail my scrotum to the workbench in the shed before I have anything "Apple"

They are the devil incarnate.... :angry:

• Like 1