Phones

dombanks

Anyone using a htc m9? Have an iPhone 4S at the mo .... On OSturkey or so and it's showing its age a lot. Not impressed with the iPhone whatever-it-called and don't want to blindly get the iPhone ... So was thinking of the m9

On giffgaff and will buy the phone outright or put a massive deposit on to get a 1 yr contract or none at all

Get an iPhone....my friend had a HTC and had lots of issues with the SIM card connection on the phone loosing mobile signal without you knowing it!

He too was not an iPhone fan but hasn't had any problems so far!

Andy 

Hi Dom

I'm currently using a iphone 4s (not from choice my Samsung broke) and after using android ios is pants I'm thinking about buying the new Google nexus 6p outright, good price and the reviews are looking good on it have a look on youtube and see what you think

I just change to a samgsung galaxy core prime, nice size and does everything I need for £120 outright purchase :)

I know a few who've switched from iPhones to Android, most to Samsung S series and very pleased.

Those who've stuck to iPhone have been totally Apple IT/ i etc

Never had iPhone myself so can't comment/compare.

I do like my S5 though.

I've had an HTC M8 for 18 months now before that, the HTC One which I bought outright because I just couldn't stand the Galaxy S3 (after only a month's use). The Samsung replaced the HTC Desire HD.

I'm a HTC fan believe it or not. Great phones, plenty of frills with the Android OS without the gimmicks of the Samsung.

Next though, I might try the cheaper Asus octo core.

Never tried an iphone but of the people I know who have them, many aren't happy with them.

I switched from iPhone to Android couple of years ago and would never go back. If you do switch then Google what you need to do to try to ensure that Apple don't lose your text messages for a while. Well known phenomena

I went from Andriod based phones to an iphone 5c last year. Whats nice about the iPhone is that is just works, whereas I found the andriod based phones quite buggy and prone to crashing. 

That said, its a work phone, if I was paying for it, I'd probably have a Samsung / whatever. 

I went from Andriod based phones to an iphone 5c last year. Whats nice about the iPhone is that is just works, whereas I found the andriod based phones quite buggy and prone to crashing.

That said, its a work phone, if I was paying for it, I'd probably have a Samsung / whatever.

Thats the joy with the Nexus line it's pure Android just as Google designed it without any 3rd party skins on top

anyone know which is the best phone for music? from what ive read they are all much of a muchness.

I'd agree, all are compromised HiFi wise.

But most will sound OK with decent headphones/earbuds

I use these headphones when purely listening...

http://www.whathifi.com/akg/k450/review

bought here AKG451 (newer version)

or if you can stretch to it the AKG550.

And these at other times...

Sennheiser CX300MkII

I have an HTM One M9! But I'm not really "in to" phones. It makes calls. I can get emails and surf the web. Big deal. I got it because it is 802.11AC compatible which is nice and it works REALLY well when 802.11AC wifi is configured for maximum speed.

I really Really REALLY hate the fact that the power/screen button is smack bang in the middle of the right hand edge. It's a properly stupid place to put it.

And as it's from Vodafone it's full of crappy apps that I just don't need. App response/speed or whatever you want to call it is slower that my trusty Google Nexus 4 (my personal phone. The HTC is my work phone) which is by far the best phone I have ever owned. I know the new Nexus 6 is out but I'm going to get a Nexus 5 in the not too distant. I don't use either for listening to music and even if I did I doubt my hearing is good enough to tell if an MP3 was being played on one phone or the other on headphones. The on-board speakers on the HTC are much better than the Nexus but that's like saying Lidl porridge is a little better than Tesco Value porridge... IMHO... FWIW... etc... 

Thanks blatman. If I get one if these it will be from giffgaff and as far as I can tell they sell the phones unlocked without any changes to software.... Just had a £800 bill on the car tho so not feeling hugely like spending more

I'm with the iPhone sheep, I like how they're simple(ish), and interface well with my other Apple gadgets, Apple TV, Apple Watch and MacBook, and as said above, it just works.