Junior Doctors Contract

jeff oakley

Signed, I totally agree. Being 27 I know a few people my age who are junior Doctors or thereabouts. The money they get paid is shocking for the many years of education and training they have to go through and pay for, and how they hours they work are deemed legal in line with EU legislation I have no idea :suspect: We all have good and bad stories about the NHS but under the current circumstances I think we're lucky to have any good stories at all, let alone if things continue the way they are.

The other end of the food chain is equally as bonkers, our local surgery has 6 GPs presumably on £100/120k plus. None of them work more than a 3 day week, my GP mentioned he had worked a 5 day week for all of 2015, the reason, he is planning to retire and the NHS may check on his attendance for the duration of the past year before granting his full pension.   

My daughter is also a junior doctor, she's finishing her GP training and then heading for Australia, she has already been out there and New Zealand as well, it's so much easier and you are much more appreciated

• Like 1