i need a shower....on the m6

dombanks

so me and the mrs are in a bit of a pickle next weekend. we have to go to a wedding not far from stoneleigh starts at 1pm but she doesn't land in manchester till 8am off a long flight from the A******e of india.... we don't have enough time for her to get back here and change etc and get there but will be ok if we go straight from the airport. so she doesnt mind doing the whole getting changed in the car/loos thing but really could do with a shower after a 24hr set of flights.

are there shower facilities etc in service areas these days? what about lymm? can you get a hotel near manchester that you can use for just an hour? (not one of those! you dirty minded lot!)... i looked at just having a hotel at the airport but the flight times sort of mess it up a little?

Yes, but theyre used by truckers and they stink.

ETA what kind of wedding starts at 1am??

Edited to further add - what's the venue, if the reception is a hotel, I'd book a room there and arrange an early check in.

Why dont you use a swimming pool.

You could use their showers and get something to eat at the same time.

oops 1pm :)

yes we do have a room at the venue so hopefully all is fine but its going to be tight so just trying to think up a backup in case of a delay. you just never know coming through customs etc. these flights have already been delayed by an hour once already.

that's not a bad idea buttercup.... sort of what i was trying to think of. i remember seeing showers at the posh new Tebay place on the m5 thinking they were a good idea.

Up grade to first class on an Emirates A380 and she can shower at 40000 ft on the way

Put the passenger window down, have her lean out and hit the windscreen washers until the bottle is empty. The breeze will dry her off straight afterwards. :d

How far from Stoneleigh? I live local and might be able to help.

seriously borrow the panda palace we are at heald green

• Like 1

Lymm truck stop has showers as far as I know, certainly in the blokes, used them once at the end of a very cold and wet autotest. Fire your 50p in and get 2mins or something, looked clean enough to me.

Daniel

For Gods sake, buy her a pack of wet wipes and be done with it. :laugh:

• Like 1

Beat me to it Ben

She is very greatful of the offers from everyone but is happier to use the radisson blue straight off the plane.

Tbh she can be in any mood going afyer these trips but thi one is bad and she has developed a cold/flu today, Patna (very much the arseholery of India) is on lock down due to elections and she can't get anything for it. She doesn't want to go on sat anyway so I will be playing a fine balance of keeping her in line.... With G&t :) lol

Again many thanks.