EARLY CHRISTMAS DINNER DRIVE OUT / WINTER PICNIC. SATURDAY 21ST NOVEMBER

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Evening Tex.

You are a good man....Unfortunately on Sunday at 2.00pm I will be driving back to Hereford hence I could only do it Saturday. :cry:  :cry: :cry:  

Tell ya what tho geoff, nowt happens round tbh, iv been with the wscc club and its dead here. Better off joining the north east se7eners. Lots more peeps

Thanks Tex.

I did think I would have had a great response to this thread to be honest with people up for this.

I will keep plodding on.

Onward and Upwards....or something like that. OOORRAAAHHHHH. :yellow-westy: beep beep.

Well we set off.

Car packed with logs for a fire, a pan of stew to cook over the fire, a few cakes and two mini bottles of wine.

I had my beard and wig on and Carol had her antlers. :d

The pop up Christmas tree and Christmas lights were also in the bag.

We only went a few miles and turned round as the wind is so bad we thought the fire wouldn't work and the tree would blow over.

Gutted is an understatement as I was so looking forward to this.

0aff19103352e716a1fc0a82a9b80023.1000x10

Oh Geoffrey, that's rotten luck! Are you planning another attempt?

We were talking about it last night after you left, the girls were intrigued and had a few giggles about it all. Maybe we might be able to join you in our tin top with the mob in tow. (I'm sure they would love it if wrapped up warm)

Hi Shaggy.

Thanks for the message.

I am not sure if I will be able to do another attempt before Christmas but if I did it would be one of the following.

• Sunday December 6th.
  • Sunday December 20th.

I would normally be travelling back to work on these days but I am happy to sort it if you want to go on either of the days above.

If you can let me know, I will put up another post to see if I can drum up any other interest for a Sunday bash.

We could have crackers and mince pies etc and make it really fun for the girls.

The log fire works really well and keeps us warm.

We took a pan of stew this time to heat over the fire.

Don't forget I have the amusements, and bowling day out and also the York Dungeon trips in December. These are shown in the calendar.

I would also like to thankyou for the hospitality last night and you have a lovely, well mannered family. All credit to you and the Mrs.

Thanks Geoffrey, we all enjoyed your stories.

The 20th December would be the only date we could do, if thatworks for you then its a goer :-)

Woohoooo.

Brilliant. :d  :d :d  :d  :d  

I will get it sorted.

I will stick up a post later today as just working on the Scotland trip at the moment.

Don't forget silly hats etc.

Don't forget it is Christmas tradition to throw cartoon character look-a-likes in the river.

Huh... Chuck yosamite sam in da river? Oooo he'll be reet piffed... Cos he's the rootinest...[continue ].....

• Like 1