New Member Introduction

matthew902

Hi,

I have just joined the wscc but have been visiting the site for a bit and looking for a westfield.

I have just gone into westfield ownership and purchased a 1999 seiw at the weekend with a 1.8cvh engine but the plan is for this to be replaced with a 1.8 tweeked 160vvc k series engine.

I am not new to kit cars and have had a gtm rossa k3 as my every day car and now run a 1.8vvc GTM Libra.

I also previously built a MK De Dion with 2.0 8v vauxhall engine and I am currently running a live rear end 1.4 k series sylva striker.

Looking forward to been in the wssc and will be asking lots of question no doubt.

Regards Matty

Welcome aboard, sounds like you know what you're doing, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of of help if needed :)

Hi there

Not sure anyone has done a K series in a Westfield

Hi there

Not sure anyone has done a K series in a Westfield

There have been a handful, but not many for some reason.

There have been a handful, but not many for some reason.

I test drove one when I was looking for mine. A red one that I just missed out on.

Welcome to the club Matty

Welcome to the club! Photos needed please else it didn't happen :d

Have you been sleeping through the speed series Terry? Both Craig and Glutey run 1.8 k series engines!

• Like 2

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Work on the car has started and hope to have the engine etc done for spring next year.

Will be selling the current 1.8cvh engine, weber 45's and alloys with toyo 888's in due cause to make way for the k series.

Still need to decide on which gearbox to use keep the type 9 or fit the 5 speed rx8 box I have.

Matty

:ww: from Essex. 

We've been waiting for someone to transplant an RX8 box into a Westfield and you seem to be the guinea pig. Consensus suggests gearing will suit most engine set ups but the size of the unit will need some surgery to the chassis.

:ww: from Essex.

We've been waiting for someone to transplant an RX8 box into a Westfield and you seem to be the guinea pig. Consensus suggests gearing will suit most engine set ups but the size of the unit will need some surgery to the chassis.

I thought it rendered 1st completely useless?

If you can get one, the Caterham six speed box was pretty much designed for this engine combination, no useless gears to lug round with you, no problems with fit, plus it's nice and light too, which is the whole ethos of fitting a K series in a Seven style car. - they were amongst the lightest of modern engines for their size.