Temporary insurance for a 23 year old to drive abroad?

TrophyJem

Really?  At 23 he is not even allowed to drive other cars?  What a bizarre industry is the insurance world :(

Yep even with his 5 years no claims.

But if you're 25 and just passed your test you can drive any car you like. Bonkers!

Can he get your car added to his policy for a temp time?

Can he get your car added to his policy for a temp time?

That's an interesting idea. I'll get him to try that 

And we wonder why people have no insurance.

I was following some kid yesterday. Looked about 12.

Driving was not atrocious, looked like slow considered moves, indicators, no red light jumping, slowed down in a bit too much time, no fast accelerating .... but he was causing chaos as he would not keep up with traffic. Even the cops and busses were going around him. Only thing I can think of is he had a big brother box inboard and was **** scared of it

Or had a parent monitoring the feedback....

Seriously though, the t's & c's for youngsters now seem appalling!

No third part insurance for under 25's and it doesn't cover you for driving abroad.

Is that really the sort of general restrictions insurance companies have now? Or just something specific from his insurers? 

At 20/21 I was living in Germany on a student exchange program - never even thought twice about taking my car with me! No issues with the insurer either, didn't even add much to the premium.

Or had a parent monitoring the feedback....

Seriously though, the t's & c's for youngsters now seem appalling!

Is that really the sort of general restrictions insurance companies have now? Or just something specific from his insurers? 

At 20/21 I was living in Germany on a student exchange program - never even thought twice about taking my car with me! No issues with the insurer either, didn't even add much to the premium.

Pretty general I think. He couldn't find a company that would add third party to drive other cars for under 25s.

Wow. It would appear they pay vast amounts more for a small part of the service we used to get.

I went with eSure in the end.

They were happy for me to have 2 policies and if I cancel in 2 weeks I get a full refund less an amin free of £25.

So 2 weeks insurance for my son for £25. Bargain!

• Like 1

Glad you could get something sorted.