sky packages

Terry Everall

Thinking about getting Sky with broadband/line rental plus films and Sports

Anyone know of best deal and way to "package" this

I've signed up with a 12 month package with them and can't recommend enough that you pick someone else.  Got a good deal with them and 2 months in they've sent me an email to say that my phone/internet bill is going up a fiver a month (more than a 10% increase).  Rang them up, went through to cancellation team and they offered to take 4 quid back off it.  I said no, I'm not paying more than I signed up for at which point they said I can cancel my internet and phone but I have to keep paying for TV.  Despite the fact I signed up for a package deal based on a price for all 3, they're saying the price increase is only affecting phone and broadband so I don't have the right to cancel all 3.  Avoid them like the plague.  Shocking customer service.

What are the alternatives?

i think it all depends on what your looking for i have the full sky tv package but i also have virgin media internet and phone line the fastest they do as i was aware sky broadband is shockingly bad in my area. i pay 44 pounds a month for my sky package i got a code from money savings expert and did it that way im not sure if the offer is still running tho. your alternatives are virgin media providing you can get it in your area and bt im not clued up on there tv package so carnt help you there but they do do fibre internet but still isnt anywhere near virgins speeds like i say all depends on what you really want

Hi terry, I've had sky for a few year now, at first the full package, then when I tried to cancel (a near impossible task) I ended up downgrading to just the family package for a discounted price. I'm now about to cancel again once my fibre broadband is up and running and plan on signing up to Netflix and Amazon prime or another. And also buying an android box. Netflix and Amazon prime for the tv series and 4K programs, and the android box for films and sport. Sky is so expensive, especially when I only ever watch Dave and the discovery channel. :) if you have a decent broadband connection and don't mind the hassle of searching through menus, there are a lot of Internet tv providers out there now.

I had sky TV full package for years. 2 months ago I downgraded to the family package and save a fortune.

It used to be that subscribing to movies meant you got the latest movies, now they just show crap (IMO) and put the best latest films on their store so you have to pay more.

I found I wasn't watching the footy enough to justify paying for the sports and then the ones I wanted to watch ended up being on BT anyway. So now for the odd game I want to watch I go to the pub :-)

As for broadband I use plusnet fibre and its great.

All just my opinion of course  :d

Oh forgot to say I also now have netflix and think that's pretty good too

For occasional use I use a Sky Now box that streams over internet. I use it mainly as a PAYG box for films and sports, the films choice is not bad (i.e. better than most packages I have looked at) and costs a few quid for something recent. On sports they keep changing the options but currently its £11/week pass or you can get daily/monthly. The box also has an OK version of iPlayer and a few other bits and is very easy to use.

Streaming quality has always been pretty good for me, but then I do have Sky broadband as well so maybe that helps. Details at http://www.nowtv.com.

I know Sky do have a loyal following but after several years with them, at £50 per month, we cut our ties.

I spent £250 on a 1TB humax box (which is plug and play with the Sky dish) and for the last 6 years have enjoyed Freesat plus the odd dabble with Netflix, LoveFilm etc.

We record absolutely everything we watch, in order to flick past the adverts.  I certainly wouldn't go back to Sky.

I also download a lot of Movie/Music content so feel that I don't really miss out on much but have saved £600 per year on Sky subscriptions.  That goes a long way to covering tax and insurance on our cars.....

Each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

I already have Freeview and  Humax rording box etc

Just fancied watching some live Rugby League and a few gently released films

To be honest, the movie selection is only good when on demand works. It's good for box sets but I'd say I can only watch movies half of the times I've tried.

Been with them for about 10 years now, can't fault them tbh. I call them about every 12 month and tell them I can't afford it and they always drop the monthly charge by about £15.

Never need to sign an other 12 contact either :)

Been with them for about 10 years now, can't fault them tbh. I call them about every 12 month and tell them I can't afford it and they always drop the monthly charge by about £15.

Never need to sign an other 12 contact either :)

So after 10 years loyalty price reductions, they must be paying you about £100 per month now???

• Like 1

So after 10 years loyalty price reductions, they must be paying you about £100 per month now???

Lol lol