Nurburgring visit/lap

congorobot

Did you drive or trailer it over? I used to do two ring trips a year and would love to take the Westie...

p.s. Nice lap!

drove it over, it rained all the way from amsterdam to dusseldorf on the 1st day. It has drain holes in floor but water was coming in faster than it could get out, was sat in about 2.5" of water for most of the journey. Each time I accellerated or breaked a tsunami sloshed fore and aft!

• Like 1

Hardcore. Thats what I'll be doing in April   :d

Are you planning on going for the touristenfarten or a track day?

It'll be TF

I like the idea of a trackday on the nordschleife for next year as I would hope the standard of driving and the average pace would be higher. During my last visit over the weekend it was shut for at least half the time as there were so many over enthusiastic amateurs redesigning the Armco. Each time it re-opened there was a huge jam of cars heading back on, then more crashes. On one lap I passed 4 crashes. But I am sure in your previous visits you have also seen this!?

Yes, thats TF for you. 

The destination nurburgring track days are very good (Not been myself, but i know people who have) but too much £££ for me. 

That said, the breakeven point is about 20 laps i think. 

Looks fun :)

Long track though,does it take a lot of memorising?

What engine/power is your car?

Looks fun :)

Long track though,does it take a lot of memorising?

What engine/power is your car?

I have done just over 50 laps over three visits. Some parts I feel confident on but others I know I could go faster but the off camber and close proximity of Armco...

At a guess I would think about 160bhp

I have done the circuit days / destination Nurburgring. 

Makes sense compared to the liability and risk of TF days IMHO

hardcore in all aspects ! 

drove there and back

driving in shorts and t shirt

did an open TF day! 

i have always wanted to go there but would only ever go on a organised track day after reading this thread ! http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=18&t=910061&mid=0&nmt=the+ring%2C+insurance+questions

scary biscuits! looks awesome thou! :) 

closer to home myself and a few others are going to knockhil for the last track day of the year on the 31st if you fancy it! (i see your in Scotland) 

closer to home myself and a few others are going to knockhil for the last track day of the year on the 31st if you fancy it! (i see your in Scotland) 

That's bad timing, I am going there this Sunday for the reverse track hot hatch day. Thanks for the invite though! I am based in Edinburgh as well. 

Hot hatch !!! Double brave ! :)

Me and allister (lives in Linlithgow) do a lot of track days so be good to have another scottish based westy track day lover!

I have a silver top zetec with cams, 45mm throttle bodies etc running about 195bhp (I saw your other post re engines) you wanted a wee ride to have a look at it give me a shout seeing we are close! great engines ! :)

Cheers paul