zetec or duratec 2.0/2.3/2.5

congorobot

i think that you can achieve real and distinct results without spending a fortune and then use 6K of that 10 for tires/fuel and trackdays :)

Ok, so I am beginning to think I will stick with the zetec as my budget will go further.

Don't have your budget but in similar boat of trying to work out what's the best way of sorting more gee gees out currently have silver top 1.8 on standard injection.

Northampton Motorsport will sort throttle bodies , ECU , up rated cams rolling roadbed etc for £2900 est 185bhp

If I had the budget this looks tasty

http://mdrengines.co.uk/product/ford-zetec-2-0l/

That does indeed! I wonder if its with or without VAT.

I did ping them an email asking that very question but didn't get a reply , I guess they are of the opinion if your serious you will pick up the phone to discuss but let me know if you do !! :0)

Am I not right in thinking that to get 200 - 220 bhp I would need different TBs as the gsxr600 ones are 38mm dia?

I've GSXR 750 TB's on mine witha ported and gas flowed STG 3 head and cams, bottom end balanced , flywheel lightened andall pistons matched. gives just shy of 200 BHP at the flywheel. It used to have 45's and put out about 140 @flywheel. Even bigger grin on the face now. Next step is Exhaust manifold to let it breath a bit better. Its a silvertop by the way.

Where in Scotland are you ?

I have a vauxhall redtop on gsxr600 throttle bodies, its making 210 hp with no problems with them being too small or whatever so i guess they would be fine at that level with a zetec.

Personally i would 100% stick with the zetec, there a good engine, reliable, cheap as chips for parts and easy to get the power level you want from one.

You could spend what you save on swapping to a duratec on improving other areas of your car and end up with a much faster and more capable tool than if you'd just spent all your money on the engine

Just PM'd you. Makes sense to stick with a Zetec to save the costs of a swap. However, I might know where there's a nicely spec'd one available (no, not me - I'm old school XE).

That does indeed! I wonder if its with or without VAT.

Plus VAT just sent a Facebook message ! Made to order once deposit is received

What about a supercharger on the Zetec?  I think without any other internal changes you could get up to around 220bhp.  I may have totally made that all up but I am sure I have read that somewhere.  Price wise I think it was around the £2.5k to £3k mark?

Baily turbo

We recently completed a turbo conversion on a Road Runner SR2 (MX5 based)

The stock zetec is capable of 240BHP without engine mods, so if that's enough power then the conversion consists of engine management with new fuel system (i'm
assuming your car in on Webers?) at a cost of £1400 and a turbo conversion at a cost of £2800

Let me know if you need more info.

What about a supercharger on the Zetec?  I think without any other internal changes you could get up to around 220bhp.  I may have totally made that all up but I am sure I have read that somewhere.  Price wise I think it was around the £2.5k to £3k mark?

here?

http://www.tts-performance.co.uk/#!ford-20ltr-zetec-diy-kit/c1psb

Where in Scotland are you ?​ -- Edinburgh.

Just PM'd you.​  -- Interesting!

What about a supercharger on the Zetec?​ --   Not sure about forced induction, might have difficulty fitting it into a narrow chassis?!