Glasgow Based Duratec / Bike Powered Cars

Chrisc201

Hi folks,

Pretty set on a kit car of some description but not sure which make / engine.

Thinking either duratec if car engined or maybe bike engined. Never been in any of the above though.....

Any locals able to show me round and weather permitting take me for a spin?

Thanks,

Chris

If you can get yourself down to kames on Sunday I can you out for a spin in my zetec engined car! Just like a duratec......just cheaper :)

Cheers Paul

Seen that posted up and would have been perfect but sadly I'm out for Sunday!

Thanks for the offer though....

No probs. If your ever over Edinburgh way give me a shout. I will be at knockhill on the 31st of October if you fancy a passenger ride in its natural environment ! I was in a similar position to you a year ago, did a lot of reasearch, went car engined westy in the end and very glad I did ! :) you can't beat the value/quality of a westy !

Just to add to the BEC vs CEC debate - as a biker, I was really into the idea of a BEC, but after a lot of pondering ended up building a 168bhp Zetec engined car.

Last week I was out for a really good blast with a few cars, some Zetecs, an S2000, a MegBusa and even a 4x4 Cosworth Turbo Dax Rush (a beast!) - not once did I think "I need more power".

Mine weighs in at about 550kg dry so not too far off a BEC in terms of weight and has enough grunt for a big smile every time I hit the twisties!

Might be a different story on a track day - but yet to do that, though it is definite plan for next season.

I'm in Paisley Chris, so not far from you. Although the Westfield is very appealing and an absolute thrill, I currently have plumped fir a little more comfort wth a Quantum 2+2. Just like the two above, it is Zetec powered but with the addition of being turbo charged. 270BHP (330 per tonne) so entertaining. I'll also be at Kames and hopefully Knockhill too. Happy to give you a pax. If you are set on a 7 style a Q won't be for you but you might want to keep your options open.

5598ebc7b6fb7f4b212b23de9af77459.jpg

Bob

• Like 1

A road going BEC could weigh as little as 450kgs

My sprint car is 410kgs with a blade so an extra 100kgs is 220lbs!!!...thats 15.7stones and is a massive weight disadvantage

A standard CBR1000RR can produce 160+ bhp at the wheels and its only disadvantage on the road is the high revs

Thanks for input/offers folks. Not trying to raise the usual debate, fully expect and believe they are equally great, just different traits hence keen to try both.

Unfortunately can't take up any of the offers thus far as have alternate engagements, should get something sorted soon though!

Cheers,

Chris