Yorkshire blatt

Andrew

Had a call from a pal with a micro light aircraft late yesterday afternoon.. would I like a flight this evening? .. well, why not! :)

Light was getting low when we took off from Baxby near Thirsk, so it wasn't a long flight, maybe half an hour.. no idea. I didn't have time to charge the gopro, but took a little compact camera with me.

Anyone know where I went? :laugh:

DSCF5830_zpsturbxsrp.jpg

DSCF5832_zpslpefmi3z.jpg

DSCF5833_zpsiajtgukz.jpg

DSCF5836_zpspczxsfn3.jpg

DSCF5840_zps14s5t0em.jpg

DSCF5844_zpsivwk9bda.jpg

DSCF5839_zps5nrtyxim.jpg

• Like 1

I might be wrong but is it Amplethorpe School and either Fountains or Rivalaux Abbey?

that's a cool Blatt....

The sixth pic is Ampleforth College...

That's where I meant.

Got the call again on Sunday afternoon.. weather was a little murky, but we thought we'd drive down to the field and see how it was there.. When we arived there were a few bods buzzing about, so we thought we'd get up and join them. Visibillity wasn't too bad but it wasn't a day to venture too far. Basically we flew about the same route as the previous flight.

This time however, I was prepared.. gopro charged and ready to go! :yes:

Enjoyed watching that, looked like good fun. Nice smooth landing too

I've not experienced many landings so I can't say how good it was, but it certainly didn't come down with a bang! :)

As I said it was a bit murky for aerial shots, but here's a few of the flying machines:

DSC_6108_zpsnoomeppc.jpg

DSC_6089_zpso4hwzj5i.jpg

DSC_6088_zpsbx8fhuqj.jpg

DSC_6082_zpsuwlvl0bu.jpg

DSC_6083_zpspv8dqti8.jpg

Got the call again on Sunday afternoon.. weather was a little murky, but we thought we'd drive down to the field and see how it was there.. When we arived there were a few bods buzzing about, so we thought we'd get up and join them. Visibillity wasn't too bad but it wasn't a day to venture too far. Basically we flew about the same route as the previous flight.

This time however, I was prepared.. gopro charged and ready to go! :yes:

Wouldnt want to get it wrong with those power cables waiting there  :oops:

I was assured no one had ever ever ever hit those power lines.. not ever!..and quickly grabbed hold of some wood! :oops:

WOW lucky you :t-up:

Went on another flight yesterday afternoon.. we left Baxby (Thirsk) and headed out towards the white horse at Sutton bank, then over the moors past Bilsdale TV transmitter towards Carlton bank. We then flew past Stokesley, Roseberry topping, Guisborough, and out towards the coast. Ended up around Redcar, had a quick look at the offshore wind farm, then followed the coast down to just past Saltburn, where we turned back inland.

Took a few pics en route, and should have some video soonish..

( Pics uploaded here: http://s133.photobucket.com/user/dixonandrew/library/Microlight%20flight%209th%20oct%202015?sort=3&page=1 )

DSCF5887_zpshjyyennb.jpg

DSCF5916_zpsiaxz13k2.jpg

DSCF5920_zpsqs4ezhhs.jpg

DSCF5921_zpsvmnjfkb7.jpg

DSCF5925_zpsiirfckod.jpg

DSCF5926_zpsqwurtlvg.jpg

DSCF5929_zpsdaoppfgs.jpg

DSCF5930_zps4wkbcpc4.jpg

DSCF5932_zpsktiaykti.jpg

DSCF5949_zps1ofok1md.jpg