Sunday 20th December: .. christmas lights and santa..no rain

Trevor Little (Trevturtle) - Treasurer

Date: 20th December

Route: Probably start in chesterfield (Julies base) , back through derbyshire (e.g.. Ilkeston if molestrangler joins us), through Derby, down to Tamworth (so Martyn and Sue have a short drive home for once). I'll fix the route when I know who is joining the trip

Purpose: Drive through the town centres, look silly, make the kids happy

Dress/format.

People: Santa suits: available on ebay for £5-£10.. you can use it to afterwards if you want to shatter you kids dreams when they find out you are really santa

Car: fairy lights (12v leds available on ebay for less than £10), tinsel, whatever you want

There will be a prize for the best dressed car.

I'll find somewhere warm to eat on the way, if the heavens open or there is snow (ha, snow in December) i'll cancel it.

Thick clothes (many in Julie's case) and/or heaters required

• Like 1

Yes, Trevor, count us in. We are available both Saturday's and we are daft enough to dress up too, after all it is an extra layer.

19th December ..weather permitting

• 2 months later...

Bentley brook inn....or is there a car park somewhere ?

Halfords car park south side of Ashbourne, where we met before?

I'm beginning to be concerned about the mental health of members in the Peak District area, which must have the highest concentration of daftness in the country. Enjoy the day - I'm impressed you can drive while wearing a strait jacket.

• Like 1

Beth and I have cancelled our plans so we can come weather permitting. (She won't do rain, but I will, obviously)

I'm working away all week so may struggle to get a Santa suit but will figure something out...!

Brill news Russ. If it is raining we can't do this because we need the roof off for people to see us dressed up, so it would be cancelled. Keep posted for an update later in the week when we have a more accurate weather forecast.

I am sure we can sort something out so you look Chrismassy, so don't worry.

I have come home from work tonight and Glen has FORBID me to go in the garage. So, I guess the car has some form of decoration on it and he has told me he has got his Santa suit. I will be at work until late tomorrow too, so it will all be a surprise for me on Saturday morning.

The weather forecast is proving inconclusive at the moment, not that it will stop you Russ, you maniac :marto: . It better be dry or the reindeer gets it.

We can meet you at the Texaco garage on Matlock Road, postcode S40 3JQ at 9am. Or at the car park in Matlock where we met for the mystery tour at 9.15. Or at Halfords in Ashbourne. What do you prefer?