• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Bloodmoon

dombanks

0230 nothing much going on

0400 had gone red, approx 20% occluded

I think they over hype things by calling it a blood moon, if my blood was that colour I would be on the iron tablets.

And BTW I didn't get up special, SHMBO was tossing and snoring like a beached whale and whilst I was awake I took a look. My excuse and I'm sticking to it..!

Continuing the geeky theme, if there are any astronomy anoraks out there, I'm currently on the SKA project headquartered out of Jodrell Bank.

I sit in meetings staring at the Lovell telescope.

My dream project..!

I was up for a pee at sometime when I really should have looked out but my principal concern was getting back in bed! Oh the joys of advancing years...  :cry:

But still, the alternative to getting older doesn't bear thinking about.  ;)

Silly enough to get up and look, yes.

Silly enough to go on the boardroom at that time? No!  :d

i couldn't sleep so thought i might as well get dressed and go outside to have a look. it was a sort of rusty colour and full with a nice bright crescent around the bottom.

i was impressed but that could have been a lack of sleep :laugh:

I got up and took a picture.

It was a bit of a pain to take a picture of as it was much darker than I was expecting. Meant I couldn't take it with a long lens as the exposure was too long so the moon moved and blurred the picture.

red_moon2_zpsyftyeoar.jpg

• Like 4

I got up and took a picture...

That is a nice pic..!

When did you take it? That very much the view I dimly remember at 0400...

That is a nice pic..!

When did you take it? That very much the view I dimly remember at 0400...

It was about 04:15. Had been trying since 03:30 and failing miserably, then switched to a shorter lens and just cropped the picture.

I was up for a pee at sometime when I really should have looked out but my principal concern was getting back in bed! Oh the joys of advancing years...  :cry:

Me too,    got up at 3.30 and the blood moon was there in all it's glory.   Wife was awake already, out in the garden playing with her camera but didn't get a worthwhile snap.  I was back in bed and sleep after 5mins.

Yep same here :laugh:

I kept looking out up til' bedtime but there was some wispy cloud about :(

\then I woke up for a pee at 3am and forgot about it, so I got straight back in bed. :rolleyes: