Clan McWesty: Kames plus Dalveen pass loop 4th of October

paul n

Sorry to hear about your heart issues bob, get well soon ! :) 

Ok so not looking great for numbers! and weather forecast looking a little mixed! 

lets make a final decision as to proceed or not on Saturday with up to date weather and maybe do as bob says and meet down there if you want to go and watch and then head out on a wee run as a bonus! 

Realistically if it's raining i think we will save it for another day! lead hills will be no fun in the driving rain! (and i don't' have a windscreen!)

Cheers Paul 

due to the heart problems am having that's my season over .

Jeez Bob - what a poor excuse! I'm sure Lorna would drive.....

Incidentally, where was that place on Skye you were talking about with the camping huts? I'm up there in a couple of weeks and thought I might check it out.

hmm that looks alot better than the one i saw on the BBC ! 

lets hope it stays that way and we are on for the run! :) 

Cheers Paul

I still hope to turn up late AM - we can discuss PM run options on the day.

Worth noting the A76 is shut at Mennock over the weekend, which ruins the plan for a run down the Mennock, up the Dalveen route.

Plenty of other options though, eg Muirkirk to Crawfordjohn, then down the B740 to Sanquhar and up the Mennock (B797) to Leadhills - all brilliant roads.

Dave.

head out of Portree going north and its about half a mile on the left as you go up the hill

• Like 1

Ok so weather looks ok, no rain so let's go for it :)

Dave, Bob, let's meet at kames at say 11:30 ish watch some racing then head for a run after lunch !

I will be in a black westy with loads of carbon, no windscreen....... Probably quite cold :)

What are you cars like ?

Cheers Paul

Paul, Bob,

White Westy - swept wings.

There is a petrol station in Muirkirk we can fill up at before heading out.

I am aiming to be there before 11:30 to watch some of the practise (Main timed runs start at 1pm).

Dave.

Paul, Dave. White Quantum turbo. Paul, we've met at Kames on one of he test days. I'll be there around 10.30 ish to look around.

Bob

Ok cool sounds like a plan, watch abit of practice then lunch, then watch first race runs then head off for run! Yes Bob I remember the boosted quantum ! Fast car :) wonder if that turbo set up would fit in my engine bay ha ha ! :)

paul n, I'll be expecting a few pics and a wee write-up from you for the mag! :oops::laugh:

Ok cool sounds like a plan, watch abit of practice then lunch, then watch first race runs then head off for run! Yes Bob I remember the boosted quantum ! Fast car :) wonder if that turbo set up would fit in my engine bay ha ha ! :)

Do it, you know you want to

Bob

Great day :) some great cars to watch at kames and Allister looking good in the j15. We left before the final run for a wee blat taking in the mennock and dalveen passes ! bl**** great roads.........although I had to let Dave go a few times! ....... Just too fast ;)

Sorry no pics as my phone packed up! :(

Good way to finish the year for me ! :)

Paul