myHermes - any advice before I use them?

John K

I need to send some old (non car) toys to a mate in Scotland.

Two boxes of 0.25m x 0.25m x 0.5m dimensions and one is 11kg and t'other is 6kg

To send by myHermes it will only be approx. £30 for both (with comp and signatures). Which to me seems too good to be true.

The local myHermes lady driver who delivers to me is really good. But there is no guarantees there is not some muppet in the chain somewhere as I understand packages are passed from driver to driver.

The stuff I am sending it pretty hard to break (mostly metal) and I have packed it really well.

So any opinions before I use them?

Cheers

John, I've used them about 5 times with the signed-for service and found them good each time, including sending an 8 Kg amp. They collected from my nominated place (porch).

I use them often and so far the service has been great. I always drop the parcel off at my nearby parcel shop and go for the signed for on delivery option. Very reasonable prices and can be tracked online.

I'd avoid at very busy times like Xmas - as they will use any old temp driver to meet demand and pay peanuts. But, personally, never had a problem.

I've used them a few times now - easy to use from my local newsagents and you can insure the parcels for a little extra if you feel you need to (and track them on-line) - would thoroughly recommend (and especially now as our local post office has closed down - seems like they're in total denial and decline)

I've used many times

Make sure you keep the blue note that is issued at the drop off shop as if you have to make a claim this is important do not rely on the e mails as they ask for this.

I have not had any issues but my daughter did have to make a claim but she does send lots of parcels with her business

Used them countless times and they are all I've used to send parcels now for 4+ years. Never (touch wood) had a single problem.

This does seem to be one of those times when being too good to be true is actually true...

I dread to think what the drivers get paid per drop as the margins must be razor thin

Long time since I used myHermes but am sure I vowed not to use them again as delivery was slow, beyond promised timescale, and if I recall correctly the retailer credited back the delivery charge. They certainly did not live up the mythical Greek God Hermes, with winged sandals, the fastest of the Gods.

You could google myHermes reviews online.

It's a while since I used them so may have improved.

I must admit the whole experience with the website to arrange the shipment was quite pleasant.

And only £22 to send two boxes adding up to 16kg

Although it would have been good to know that you are supposed to put a delivery note inside the box...

I had already wrapped mine up with approx. 24 furlongs of tape - but its only going to a mate so it's no big deal to miss it out

Lets see how the collection / delivery goes.

On the outside of all my boxes I always write SENDER then my house number and postcode.

There is then a fighting chance to return the parcel to the sender if need be.

On the outside of all my boxes I always write SENDER then my house number and postcode.

There is then a fighting chance to return the parcel to the sender if need be.

Just added it, good shout that man..!

• Like 1