Clan McWesty: Final Blat(?) for 2015 - 27th September 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Well troops, this just may be the last run of the year before the majority put their Westys into storage!

We have two options -

Option 1

We've been invited to the SKCC 30th anniversary blat and bbq. Meet at abington Services for 10:00am for a 10:15am departure. Route: Moffat - Tweedsmuir - Talla Resevoir - St Marys Loch - Beattock - Old Stables Inn for bbq (small charge for food).

Option 2

Killin, a route that we're familiar with but none the less enjoyable. Meeting places and times will be announced if there are enough takers for this to go ahead.

Please cut and paste all below into your reply and add your name to whichever option you prefer so that I can keep an eye on the numbers easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION 1

OPTION 2

Cheers

Rab

Hi Rab - Car is going over to Andy's on Saturday to get the head done, so unless he can turn it round in a week, I'll not be there unfortunately.

Matt

• Like 1

I'm available either option, however would like  to say that I would like to go out for a decent run and not too much time spent eating and chatting if you know what I'm trying to say... badly

• Like 1

Not that I'll make this one either but as buttercup said that was part of what I had in mind for the dukes pass run.

Possible route could be, Meet at aberfoyle, over the dukes pass heading north, head up to Lochearnhead on the A84, take the A85 to Crieff, take the A822 towards milton, A826, A827 to Killin. Pause for a photo and refreshment. Need to think of something for after that :p

I can't do the 27th as working :(

I am how ever free the weekend after (3rd and 4th) and was wondering if anybody wanted to do the Dalveen pass/ lead hills run that we missed due to bad weather earlier in the year? It is also Kames Sprint on that weekend so we could drive down to kames, get some chips and watch some racing and then head back via lead hills/ Dalveen pass?? anybody up for that? i am happy either day saturday or sunday.

Cheers Paul

I'm available either option, however would like  to say that I would like to go out for a decent run and not too much time spent eating and chatting if you know what I'm trying to say... badly

I know what you mean John. This SKCC run is unlikely to be a blat as my wife's coming with me. Around 20 kits attending. 1 1/2 to 2 hour run then BBQ and then Leadhills/ Wanlockhead run for those that are interested.

Now a member of both clubs having paid my membership yesterday.

Bob

I can't do the 27th as working :( I am how ever free the weekend after (3rd and 4th) and was wondering if anybody wanted to do the Dalveen pass/ lead hills run that we missed due to bad weather earlier in the year? It is also Kames Sprint on that weekend so we could drive down to kames, get some chips and watch some racing and then head back via lead hills/ Dalveen pass?? anybody up for that? i am happy either day saturday or sunday. Cheers Paul

Paul,

Ditto... - sorry Rab, probably can't do the 27th, but Kames / Dalveen / Mennock passes would be right up my street (literally!) either Sat or Sun 3/4 Oct.

Dave.

Okay guys, we're getting very close to the weekend and we've had very few takers and all seems very quiet. Unless we get a spike in interest, I don't think this will be going ahead (I personally wouldn't be able to attend either). Please feel free to post on here if any of you want to try and arrange something yourselves.

My car's still at Andys and won't be back until the 3rd at the earliest. However, I've decided not to SORN it this year, so will be up for some later blats too!

Matt

Unfortunately my speed limiter (wife :) ) will be installed and switched on and the boost switch will be in the LOW setting but hopefully i'll still manage some overtakes. I'll just have to suffer the earache later :d .

Bob