Went and had a ride in this today.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

We had one booked, turned up 3 times for it to be cancelled each time, then the company, Go Ballooning, went bust.

So lucky you for actually getting there with only a 2 hour wait! and thanks for sharing it with us.

We had no delays or waiting for good weather  :d

But then again we are from Sunny Manchester and took off in Gods own county..........Lancashire :cool:

I live in Bishopthorpe, York and see loads of balloons going over and its quite a sight including the Virgin ballon

We had one booked, turned up 3 times for it to be cancelled each time, then the company, Go Ballooning, went bust.

So lucky you for actually getting there with only a 2 hour wait! and thanks for sharing it with us.

I will make a Youtube thing of my pictures in the next few days and I will post it here so you can see the pictures I took that show it all from start to finish.

Sorry to hear you missed your flight.

I live in Bishopthorpe, York and see loads of balloons going over and its quite a sight including the Virgin ballon

I do hope that you wave to them all.

During our recent Euro trip we woke up one morning and looked out of our bedroom window to this view.

IMGP5165_zpskfmgnyhj.jpg

IMGP5163_zpsngvqk89y.jpg

IMGP5162_zpsgydolb8v.jpg

• Like 1

I didnt realise so many people went up in the gondola! 

I think i'll stick with engines!

I have put a few pictures together that I hope show what happens on the day of the trip.

They do show pretty quickly but I still hope you enjoy them.

I've done two trips now and a more gentle way of travelling probably doesn't exist. The first was over Canyonlands near Moab in Utah which was brilliant. Wind got up a little and we skidded along on the side for about 60 feet when we landed all very safely done. The second was from Trentham Gardens, Staffs we had 5 cancellations on it due to weather but again very gentle softer landing all very good. Very impressed with the levels of safety and general knowledge of the pilots. The ground teams followed us and drove us back once we had done the champagne drinking and the packing of the canopy. Cracking time well recommended.

Bob :d  :d

• Like 1