Peak District Monthly Meet Sun 20th September

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet Sunday 20th September 10.30 am at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, Derbyshire, S45 1SR.

Breakfast is served until 11 am and range in price from £3 up to £8.50 for a BIG breakfast. If the weather is good I can take us up Sir William Hill for good views over the Peak District. Then we will go cross country in search of cake to the Roaches Tea Rooms, for more good views.

Is anyone able to join us?

Yep, so far the weather forecast is bob on, yeah.

Can't do Sunday so will probably see you the following Sunday.......unless you are coming to the Curborough breakfast meet tomorrow?

Would have come to watch your track day today AND the gone to the breakfast meet but we are at the forties weekend in Grassington. We are not coming back down until Saturday night.

So we will see you across the Meringue table next weekend  :)

Great, see you there.

We could not have asked for better weather today, summer is over so now we might get back to some decent dry weather!

We met at The Wheatsheaf

Sept%20monthly%20meet%202015%20002_zpsfs

I often change our plan depending on who turns up and how long we are going to be out. It was Tricky, Chris and us so today we needed to stay north-ish and not stay out all day, so over some rather large breakfasts we decided to go for the Square Route of Buxton.

We set off up Sir William Hill as originally planned and then diverted for a pose through Buxton and onto the better roads, through Rainow and it's very little road and headed for The Cat and Fiddle pub. Which is where Glen decided he had drunk too much coffee and needed to, erm, stop. Back on track and Tricky wizzed off home while Chris followed on for a scenic trip down Winnats Pass and to the Travellers Rest for more caffeine.

Sept%20monthly%20meet%202015%20004_zpslj

Chris went home through Bamford and we carried on, diverting through Chatsworth before heading off home ourselves.

Thank you to Chris for coming, I hope you have enjoyed the day, we will get stronger sunglasses for when you next come, to cope with the gleam on your car :) And to Tricky, thank you as always for coming, now go tax your car and we'll see you soon. 

Julie, you make it sound like I'm running illegally, its not due for 10 days yet.  ???

Nice to meet you Chris and my mate does remember you putting him through his paces, lol.

• Like 1

Sorry we couldn't make it, we were new car hunting for Emma (Successfully). Saw Chris near Dronfield in the morning but would have been a bit odd waving from the tin top. 

Great weather for it, hope you had fun. 

Sean.

Hi Sean

Nah, there is nothing odd about waving at a Westfield driver :) . Enjoy Silverstone next weekend and we hopefully you will come and tell us all your news soon.

Julie