Cicuit Des Remparts 2015

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Me, Tony and D ick are off to this years Circuit Des Remaprts - boat leaves Portsmouth on Wednesday night - not taking Westfields as its a bit too far for us oldies so in a TVR Tuscan, TVR T350 and an Audi R8

This year we are attending the elegance parade on the Friday night and also taking part in the international rallye which involves approx 300 cars being taken on a route around the local scenic towns and stopping at various Châteaus with a lunch at one of the Châteaus :cool: 

http://www.circuit-des-remparts.com/

Will post some piccies up when we get back but here is a few from last year - click here 

• Like 3

Oh you lucky so and so.........wanted to put a different word.

yes really forwards to it :t-up:

I think I know what you mean Bernice :laugh:;)

All packed and ready to go :t-up:

• 4 weeks later...

This sounded like a fantastic trip, did you go? was it good? have you got a few spare minutes to add a photo?

Very grateful for any content,

Julie

Yes we went and had a superb time :t-up:

See here for pictures  CLICK ME NOW

and more pictures here CLICK ME WHEN YOU ARE READY

and pictures of the Chateaux CLICK FOR CHATEAUX

and pictures of Le Mans - not telling what speed we got up too down the Mulsanne :laugh:  CLICK HERE FOR LE MANS

I went to Angouleme in 2015 as well and agree with Clark it's a fantastic, must do, event.

Took the Westy and went with Classic Car Tours International as the decision to go was pretty much a last minute thing after the car was finished in time to make the trip possible.

I would recommend CCTI  http://www.classiccartoursinternational.co.uk to anyone. Perhaps not the cheapest way to go, but the organisation is faultless and you get to stay and eat in some fabulous places, and because they are doing these sorts of trips all the time they know all the best roads to use for a fun driving experience. Really nice people as well.

IMG_2268.jpg

I went to Angouleme in 2015 as well and agree with Clark it's a fantastic, must do, event.

Took the Westy and went with Classic Car Tours International as the decision to go was pretty much a last minute thing after the car was finished in time to make the trip possible.

I would recommend CCTI  http://www.classiccartoursinternational.co.uk to anyone. Perhaps not the cheapest way to go, but the organisation is faultless and you get to stay and eat in some fabulous places, and because they are doing these sorts of trips all the time they know all the best roads to use for a fun driving experience. Really nice people as well.

IMG_2268.jpg

Fantastic - been three years in a row now

I quite like the organisation and I like to do my own thing - but yes why not give these people a try for your first trip :t-up:  it's certainly not something you could leave until the last minute if you want to make the most of your trip if you do it on your own

Did you use the tunnel and have the much longer drive or did you ferry to St Malo or Caen?

and more pics from my first visit three years ago CLICK IT

Fantastic - been three years in a row now

I quite like the organisation and I like to do my own thing - but yes why not give these people a try for your first trip :t-up:  it's certainly not something you could leave until the last minute if you want to make the most of your trip if you do it on your own

Did you use the tunnel and have the much longer drive or did you ferry to St Malo or Caen?

We'd normally do our own thing but as you say with a last minute decision using CCTI got us all the bookings and grandstand seats that we could not otherwise have got.

Went overnight to St Malo , drove down and stayed at Chateau de Rochecotte in St Patrice on the first night and them onto Bourdeilles where we were for Friday thru Sunday, with the option of moving on and having another three days touring the area around Perigord after Sunday or heading back home on the overnight Monday Caen ferry.

Have to say, whilst I don't normally take kindly to being "organised" by others they did an absolutely fantastic job, and took us on some great roads.

You obviously were in the same Grandstand as us as we are in a couple of your photos!!

Poser 

11228524_1099314966759140_63367653369820:)

I am a bit taller than that Bernie :d