Hello everyone - another new North East Member

Sand Dancer

Welcome Dave, look forward to meeting you are your new car when you get back.

Meetings 3rd Tuesday of every month at the Church Mouse on A690 just outside Chester le Street, 7;30 ish  :d

Welcome Dave, look forward to meeting you are your new car when you get back.

Meetings 3rd Tuesday of every month at the Church Mouse on A690 just outside Chester le Street, 7;30 ish  :d

Yeah and where you lot last week then  :p

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I am building the car from the full kit package and have a collection date for 7 - 9 October. Hopefully that will give me time to hack the garage out.

I plan on giving Simon and Judy a ring to see if all the big bits are available for collection before i book a Luton tailgate van

Great news regarding other builders close by and even better news regarding the Church Mouse - it is only 5 miles from my house!!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the September meet - I will still be playing tig with the Taliban!!

Advise taken regarding the roll bar - order suitably amended and RAC roll bar added.

You don't need a Luton & tail-lift - a long wheelbase van will do the job and not as costly to hire.

20140607_163755.jpg

Yeah and where you lot last week then  :p

Sunning myself, just like I am this week, somewhere about 15 C hotter than where you are  :d  :d  :d  I did think about coming back especially for the meeting of course for about 1 nana second between glasses of wine  :p  :p

• Like 1

You don't need a Luton & tail-lift - a long wheelbase van will do the job and not as costly to hire.

20140607_163755.jpg

Thanks Chris - I was just trying to decide how to manhandle the engine out of the van and into the garage - that is if it is ready.

Thanks Chris - I was just trying to decide how to manhandle the engine out of the van and into the garage - that is if it is ready.

I have an engine hoist and you are be welcome to use it.

But, I'd consider buying one - I have used mine so many times and not just for the engine!

20140604_200602.jpg

Note - other essential build item - to power the Air Riveter!

Thanks for the offer - I may well take you up on the initial use of the engine hoist.

I am just sorting out the tools I require - I have air tools and metal working gear from when I was building a Zenith 601XL plane in my garage years ago.

I need to submit my Birthday and Christmas list to my wife for approval!!!

Thanks for the offer - I may well take you up on the initial use of the engine hoist.

I am just sorting out the tools I require - I have air tools and metal working gear from when I was building a Zenith 601XL plane in my garage years ago.

I need to submit my Birthday and Christmas list to my wife for approval!!!

No problem - just PM when the time comes.

Planes eh? I used to fly out of Eshott til I crashed it ;)

Planes eh? I used to fly out of Eshott til I crashed it ;)

Now why does neither of those statements surprise me  :ww:  :t-up:  :d  :p