RIDE TO THE DALES @ BUTTERTUBS PASS & TAN HILL. SATURDAY 29TH AUGUST

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Well I've just got back in. All went well with me, got to the meeting place at 10:30, Geoff phoned at 10:40 to say he was broken down in Leyburn, 45 minutes away so off I go. Got a text as I was driving with the post code, wait until I stop to put it in my satnav, it's only 21 miles away in Ripon.

So there I am all by myself hanging around in a rugby club car park. Geoff phones to say the others, in true Top Gear style, have left him and on their way to meet me. It gets to 12:30 and I think they're not going to find me so I set off for home. 15 minutes later I get a phone call from Judy to say they are in the petrol station I've just passed. A quick turn around and I meet up with David, Roger and Judy. And off we go to Hawes.

When we get there we cant find The Tan Hill pub on the sat nav, none of us have been before, so we turn round and head for a pub we've just passed in Aysgarth. A bite to eat and back through Leyburn and on to Thirsk. Say our goodbyes in a car park and go our separate ways, 2 to Scarborough and 1 to Leeds.

I got home just in time as it's now throwing it down.

Lucky you, the heavens opened as we hit Kirkby Moorside and didn't clear until Pickering, on the bright side was almost dry by the time I got home.

Hi Robin.

You need to look upon it as an adventure and not a farce.

Just got home and poor Buttercup is Kaput.

Only working on 2 cylinders and the Nodiz is not working so car less at present.

Hope your day was not to wasted.

• 3 weeks later...

A belated photo from a car park in Thirsk.

Westfield%20007_zpsvensxs26.jpg