My new Soft Bits rain cover.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

I have been dealing with Soft Bits for Sevens and they have made me a fitted rain cover and with strong securing hooks.

it is really good quality and the hooks are on elasticated straps and you can also lengthen or shorten the straps by the hook.

The cover also secures to the windscreen by the means of two, large suction cups.

They have allowed extra clearance at the rear so that it will go over my luggage bag and half hood bag. 

The cover also comes in a waterproof bag which the cover fits into easily.

This is the first one they have made for a Westfield and I am really delighted with the cover.

Here are some photographs but I should have tensioned the hooks better as it does fit really well. 

I don't know about the cost at the moment because I have not paid for it as yet.

IMG_7030_zps8b4t8cy5.jpg

IMG_7031_zpsxoc0wclk.jpg

IMG_7032_zpszodaepcc.jpg

IMG_7033_zpssd9cmmoq.jpg

IMG_7034_zpsrttcli92.jpg

IMG_7035_zpsa2t8jbzb.jpg

IMG_7036_zpstyo2pual.jpg

IMG_7037_zpsfk3a3fmb.jpg

IMG_7038_zps1bgiyixc.jpg

IMG_7040_zpsphyfnhsl.jpg

• Like 1

Good job--very neat and shouldn't come off in a storm.

If Softbits or anyone could make a lightweight hood able to be pulled up while seated then surely there would be a demand given our very variable weather.

It's amazing that despite all the engineering progress on 7 type cars over the decades, the hoods are still rudimentary. Biggest problem for me is getting in with the hood fitted and I am not keen on a half-hood; I would probably still have a problem getting in and out.

I suppose the biggest challenge is how to secure the hood to the screen given that it was never designed with this arrangement in mind.

Any thoughts on hood designs chaps?

. Biggest problem for me is getting in with the hood fitted and I am not keen on a half-hood; I would probably still have a problem getting in and out.

I am not a small bloke by any means and would definitely call myself fat. I can however get it the car really dignified with my full roof. However I cannot do this with the half hood as it sits lower. I can get out really well by coming out headfirst but getting in is a joke. However I am just waiting to receive a removable steering wheel boss from playskool which should make the job easier.

Don't discount a half hood as they are a great piece of kit.

The Q/R steering wheel makes all the difference for us well-fed drivers.

Nice cover, looks really good fit but,

You need to clean the underside of your car more...... :getmecoat:

• Like 1

Cheeky Craig.

Message received and understood.

That could be a new thread.

Who has the cleanest bottom..... Corrrrr.

• Like 1

. Biggest problem for me is getting in with the hood fitted and I am not keen on a half-hood; I would probably still have a problem getting in and out.

I am not a small bloke by any means and would definitely call myself fat. I can however get it the car really dignified with my full roof. However I cannot do this with the half hood as it sits lower. I can get out really well by coming out headfirst but getting in is a joke. However I am just waiting to receive a removable steering wheel boss from playskool which should make the job easier.

Don't discount a half hood as they are a great piece of kit.

I've got a Softbits Half Hood with what they call Easyin Zips - beautifully inserted zips that mean you can fold a flap of the hood back to aid access / exit. Even with the Softbits roof stays in place getting in and out now is no problem.....

Sorry for the 3 posts newbie!

No worries, it's easily done! All tidied up now, no one will ever know!  ;)  :d 

I've got a Softbits Half Hood with what they call Easyin Zips - beautifully inserted zips that mean you can fold a flap of the hood back to aid access / exit. Even with the Softbits roof stays in place getting in and out now is no problem.....

Yep I also have the soft bits half hood with "Double easy-in" option, is something I need due to a bad back - only used it once when we got caught out weather wise, very neat option, does spoil the smooth lines of the hood but it's adapted with seams and flaps to help stop water getting in but they do warn its not 100% waterproof with zips but I never had any water ingress thru the hood .... that came through the open sides ... but with doors I see no issues.

I can't post pics for a couple of weeks but a few on their site here http://www.softbitsforsevens.co.uk/easyinhoodmods.html