Cat C question

Andy - a15cro

Cat C and D are insurance write offs, D usually being the least damage. There was a thread on this very recently, (someone in a similar postion to you).

I personally would be very careful, best advice is see if you can get someone who knows what they're looking at to go with you, chances are you'll be smitten with what you see but you need an independent view on it so you don't make a costly mistake.

Thanks for the reply, I'm handy round a spanner and time served panel beater, but I get the smitten bit, I'm on the hook but I'm now having second thoughts after joining the forum. I don't want a stigma on what will be my pride and joy.

A B C and D are all write offs by definition.

A and B belong in the crusher and C and D are levels of cosmetic/body repair but they do vary.

I'm sure Andy won't mind me posting the info

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C641605#

There's front end chassis damage and a bizarre mix of touring and track parts along with "wrong" wheels that all have "walk away" written all over it to me.

Duratec on jenveys is the only good bit imho.

I'd buy a starter kit and use this to build a new one :)

Got to be honest I wouldn't touch it now .does the guy repairing have the proper jig? And it seem strange that it has white and blue bodywork I think it's seen alot of action and think it may have been damaged before.

The car doesn't have the wrong wheels they are the wheels westfield were selling at that time

As it's a cat c and will always be a cat c it will always be worth less just be very careful when buying it

Got to be honest I wouldn't touch it now .does the guy repairing have the proper jig? And it seem strange that it has white and blue bodywork I think it's seen alot of action and think it may have been damaged before.

The car doesn't have the wrong wheels they are the wheels westfield were selling at that time

As it's a cat c and will always be a cat c it will always be worth less just be very careful when buying it

Ah I see the wheels just look wrong then, the offset has them well inboard?

The white bodywork is a vinyl wrap and quite frankly a bad one at that, would be the first thing I remove!

Apparently it's been jigged and now having the top of the engine bay replaced along with the front 'V' section. I'm really not sure now, been up to see it twice, and was going again this week as the frame will be complete by then. Pleased I joined here, I was going to jump in with both feet!

• Like 1

check (everything) twice, jump once....

Tvr Glen, if you Google this seller for feedback, that will tell you all you need to know, advoid like the plague

• Like 1

If I was buying that it would only be for parts to add to a new starter kit & in that case you would buy it straight from the salvage yard & save a few thousand.

• Like 1

The more I look about the more I see that theres good ones out there. Think I will give this a swerve.