What's your car engine mileage?

Petemac

Embarrassingly low - 1,974 in 2 years. Hoping to get to 2,000 by next week.

Strewth, my 2600 is since getting the car on the road in April.  (IVA alone was a few hundred miles). No big trips either, and unusually for me, haven't used if to go to work yet.

Mind you, the speedo's back with Stack at the moment to sort out an intermittent fault, so not able to do any miles.  :rolleyes:  :suspect: 

My car was SVA'd in 2002. Current mileage is 25983miles. I fitted the current engine (2.1 Pinto) in the car in 2007, when it was taken off the road, and has since been used only on track days.

The last MOT in 07 states a mileage of 14706.. so..   25983 - 14706 = 11277

Current engine has done 11,277 miles, mainly flat out on circuits across the UK. :)

I'm at 18,700 miles and it's a 1998 car, but I don't know the history of the motor prior to it being installed in the Westfield. Mind you, the miles go up even when stationary and on idle due to what I assume is interference from the VDO rev counter. I can clock up a mile and a half just warming it up in the drive. The VDO speedo shows I'm doing 20mph when I'm not moving!  Must get it checked out sometime.

Hi David. If you go on the Internet you an get the instructions and you can calibrate the speedo over a measured mile.

Thanks Geoffrey, but I don't think it's a calibration issue. It's more interference from the rev counter. VDO tell me it sounds like a shielding problem in the wiring. When I get chance, I need to try separating the rev counter and speedo wiring. I hope that solves it. The speedo is actually very accurate in 5th gear (when compared to satnav). However, I stand to be corrected and it might just turn out to be solvable by recalibration.

The original engine had done 145k before it made its way into the Westfield. Speedo is currently showing just over 1,500 miles over the last 3 years, which is more a reflection on how long it's worked for than how far the car has gone

Mines a 1990 and has 35k on the clock

34.5 of that was the original cvh and mostly previous owners

Ashamed to say ive done less than 500miles since the zetec went in last march