What's your car engine mileage?

Petemac

Talking to a friend of mine in the pub who was asking me about my Seight, so gave him all the info, then when I mentioned it's mileage he seemed rather surprised my cars engine from new has done over forty thousand miles, he thought that was rather a lot for a kit car, I  think he seems to think we just take them to kit car shows!

So what has yours done from new? if it was a new one, but I don't see why we can't include rebuilt, just curious to see how much you use yours. Mine was factory built in 2002 and engine wise never had any major problems.

Petemac

40k.   That's a lot!   Mines on 22k.  1997 model.

As it should be.    Can't use mine for work, the ladders and all the other paraphenalia  won't fit in it.

I am home for one full day every two weeks.

My mileage limit was 7000 miles last year and I had to extend that. On track to do the same again this year.

• Like 1

On my engine is about 10000 as it was a new crate engine.

It's a 2.0 litre zetec blacktop and had no issues at all.

On my old XE car, probably arround the 20000 mark. (Hard to be exact, as after changing to a digital dash at just over 4500, around the 8k mark, the digital dash had to go back for service and got reset to zero).

The current Honda car is just over 2600 miles.

26k from new, in 2000 - 1.8 zetec

Around 14k by me

248 miles durings its short life in the Westfield. It was around 75k in its previous life in the MX-5.

About 2,000 over 5 years :blush:   I think my record between MOTs is 150 - it did more than that on the trailer

Think mine is around 6,000 now. Its a 2000 plate Zetec, had it 18 months and done most of those miles.

Looks like I'm getting a fair bit of usage out of my motor perhaps I'm just lucky enough to have every weekend free, but it's great to visit Europe which I have done a fair bit of "apart from a few" places that have been put on hold due to things beyond my control, so still got some more bits to see, and the engine still looks immaculate inside probably due to keeping it very well serviced.

Pete