• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Reverse Meringue Run Sunday 27th Sept - Videos added

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

We arrived at Claymills Pumping Station and parked up at the modern sewage works, as per the signs.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20048_zp

A man approached us and asked if we would like to park next to the Victorian pumping station. Without delay we obeyed and it turned out that he had come in his pre-lit Westfield. He proceeded to give us our own personal tour of the pumping station, top man, he made us very, very welcome.

Our cars next to the victorian version.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20053_zp

John's pre-lit Westfield

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20055_zp

During the tour we found some oil for Steve's squeaky brakes

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20056_zp

It is all started by hand here, until the steam takes over. Note the old copper expansion joint and the modern stainless ones at the top of the picture. The mahogany has all been replaced with new. 

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20058_zp

Julie's favorite bit, the boiler.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20060_zp

A very interesting place with lots more than I can tell you on here, so I recommend you go on a steaming day. Well done to Trevor for taking us there.

• Like 1

Paul (VX220), Steve and Ian/Pat left us at this point. We carried on for the last leg of our journey to The Cooper Arms at Weston-on-Trent. We arrived bang on time at 5pm. What a setting this pub is in, wow. We could hear the bikes racing at Donnington and it has a lake with tables overlooking it. It was time for some track talk and what a laugh we had, the stories were hilarious. We sat there relaxing as the sun started dropping down, the lengthening shadows signalling that we ought to set off home.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20061_zp

Martyn/Sue and Andy/Becky went one way and Trevor put us on the right road for our drive home back through the Peak District. After Ashbourne we went through Matlock Bath for a look at the illuminations. Nature provided it's own light show as well, did you see the supermoon tonight?

Glen set my headlights up to actually shine on the road, and not one to miss a photo opportunity....

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20066_zp

Super moon, well it has been a super day.A big, BIG, thank you to Trevor for a very well thought out and organised day that ran like clockwork. Credit to the man, he even got the weather right!

• Like 1

Cleaning in progress. I thought i'd done well cleaning my car the day before!  

Martyn appears to be able to target the 'mud' with his  front passenger side  wheel with some accuracy

P1020053_zpsg8nljsel.jpg[/url]

Denstone stop

P1020056_zpsr4ulyk2t.jpg[/url]

Various large bits of hot metal.  A good place to visit it you are close and it's a steam day.

P1020070_zpsr6en53ko.jpg[/url]

P1020067_zpshdstt9en.jpg[/url]

P1020064_zpsrysjzlo4.jpg[/url]

P1020061_zpssfpo081t.jpg[/url]

P1020071_zpsh6jhnhnf.jpg

Before we arrived it looked like this

P1020060_zpsgvrwxfbh.jpg[/url]

Some very good twisty hills the other side of Alton towers (Oakamoor area)... will investigate some routes for next year

If you had only posted a picture of the Lemon Meringue before Sunday!  :love:

Unfortunately, blat was too long to tempt my tigger out in the Westfield.

I'll get out with you all one day.

Yes, Smeg, it was a longer day than usual. Weirdly though we reluctantly ended the day, if it was lighter later I think we would have stayed longer. Then the funniest bit was Andy's face when I started pulling all these clothes out from behind my seat. He wondered if I was doing something different to him :d  I am very nesh and need many layers on, plus I travel with a nude car, i.e no doors or wind deflectors and when the sun drops it's freezing in the Peak District.  

For a future run out I can always head west to meet you and Wendy, we can have a big cuppa and a short blat. Bring your friends too.

Now for some videos, here we are changing car parks, from the public one to the Westfield Pumping Station one.

https://youtu.be/9XmrivCYLsE

The pumpy bit

https://youtu.be/Q6YgfjIe9Ds

And the illuminations at Matlock, steady yourself, don't get too excited, Blackpool is safe for a while yet!

https://youtu.be/NIfq_rVUtus

All nice, short videos and not too boring I hope.

• Like 1