• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Reverse Meringue Run Sunday 27th Sept - Videos added

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Earlier on this year Trevturtle led a very good run around Derbyshire. The 2 highlights for me was a very steep and twisty hill that unfortunately we drove downhill, and an oversized Lemon Meringue Pie.

A repeat event (route in reverse) has been planned so we can drive up that hill and the pie needs a second inspection.

Meet at The Tea Junction, Hulme End, Derbyshire, SK17 0EZ at 10.30 am. We will also call in at Claymills Victorian Pumping Station where it is a 'steaming' day (60-90 min visit and £5 entry fee). After a total of 60 miles driving we aim to finish at The Coopers Arms, Weston-on-Trent DE72 2BJ at 5 pm.

It doesn't sound like a lot of miles, but nobody lives anywhere near Hulme End either, so the journey to the start will form part of your day.

Before anyone gets clever BEC's are invited as we will not be doing the route in reverse gear  :)

Trevturtle is very kindly leading the way, so don't follow me because I will be lost without him.

As usual everyone is welcome.

• Like 1

See here www.claymills.org.uk ..... for those engineers that like 'big bitz ah metal'

'In my back yard', but I've never been. :oops: 

Not missing out on the lemon meringue so we will be there!

We're at Silverstone that weekend, but sad on missing cake:-( have fun. 

Might be able to make this. I like driving up hills!  :laugh:  :db-westy:

Sorry, just realised it's going to clash with Andy's Motor Museum event, so as I'd already said I'd go, looks like I'll be there instead.

Mmm, just read that Gaydon is now only one day and the same day as this, that's sod's law for you, a bit niffed about it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone travelling from Derby meet at McDonald's, marketon island 9.15 -9.30. A few already joining from the derby clan

Good weather is forecast  :)  :)  :)

Sunshine, lemon meringue and a Westfield run out, what could be better.

Maps for the route are here:-

http://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ygbcqqtcoj5fwm/AACkZk6n1N5P68rw5u1RzYfFa?dl=0

105 miles in length for the Derby starters

Hulme end to the final stop is 70 miles.

Fuel stop planned at Uttoxeter Tescos

.kmz file is google earth

.itn file is a tom tom itinerary file

Theeeee Sun has got 'is hat on  :d

Anyone going from Manchester side??

• Like 1

If I'm feeling a bit better in the morning I'm hopefully going to join Martyn, Andy and Becky for a nice run out to meet up with you ( and taste the lemon meringue ).

Ok so I forced myself out of my Man Flu bed and took the drive out.

An excellent time was had by all excellent company and some very nice roads.

I have to say that the Lemon Meringue lived up to all the hype and was the best ever.

Thanks for organising and some pictures are uploading to our WSCC Warwickshire facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wscc.warwickshire/?fref=ts

Steve

It was a foggy start first thing, but by the time we had all met and had a brew at Hulme End, the sun had burnt it all off.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20005_zp

With 6 Westfields and a VX220 we set off along good roads with great views and up the twisty hill past Alton Towers. We reached the Lemon Meringue Pie cafe for a wasp swatting competition, which I think Pat won in the end.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20006_zp

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20010_zp

The famous Lemon Meringue Pie

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20011_zp

With the sugar levels topped up we trapped on. I was following for a change and I noticed, at this time of year, a Westfield looks great as it kicks up the autumn leaves, it gives you a sense of speed. We went over the reservoir, which is, er, somewhere? Trevor knows where it is, that was the important bit.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20018_zp

What a clever boy Trevor is. He had booked a train to go by as we approached the level crossing, so we could stop and have a cheeky photo.

Reverse%20Meringue%20Run%202015%20046_zp