Just another reason to love kit cars... Anything goes, with a bit of imagination!

AdamR

So, I was staring at the car tonight thinking, 'Right, I've got 15 minutes to do something, what shall I do?'... I had remembered the shift light was a little tricky to see, especially in bright light, so this hatched a plan...

Armed with a bit of PVC pipe, various cutting / shaping tools, some aluminium sticky-backed foil and one of those double-sided foam pads for affixing number plates, I now have a pretty functional 'shroud' for the shift light, which doesn't look out of place!

shroud1.jpg

And giving it a quick test (the dash lights cycle when ignition comes on, it's not being revved to near the red line stationary and from cold!):

shroud2.jpg

Feel free to follow up with your own 'mundane item transformed into nifty car addition' photos / stories :t-up:

Cheers,

Adam

Carol says that every time I drive Buttercup I transform into a right c##k.

Does that count.

• Like 3

Liking that Angus (see if you can find the reference ;):yes:

I'm personally quite proud of my 'steering wheel interface'...  aka RJ45 port

2015-03-09+17_20_37.jpg

• Like 1

That shroud looks right at home on the dash.

As a computer geek I love the RJ45 port Quinten :)

Carol says that every time I drive Buttercup I transform into a right c##k.

Does that count.

Haha! Not the sort of response I was expecting, but fair play :p

Liking that Angus (see if you can find the reference ;):yes:

I'm personally quite proud of my 'steering wheel interface'...  aka RJ45 port

Hmm. No, I don't get that :( Too slow on a Friday morning!

And that is brilliant, exactly the sort of thing I meant :t-up:

Aah, it's a new project to ensure I have plenty of tinkering available to get my fix...

3 weeks ago:

fury1.jpg

Now:

furybonnet.jpg

Ah - of course, I should have spotted the rev counter! What engine is in the Fury?

Hehe, I did think that was a bit of a clue :)

It's a 2003 R1. Pretty surprised by the performance given the power output (150-160bhp ish), although it's on the rollers next week as the fuelling isn't right...

Ah, sweet - always did fancy a BEC - you never know, once I've managed to wreck a few more car engines, I might go that route and get back to things I comprehend!

Haha, it'll all be fine now I reckon, you just got unlucky there. Yeah, I wanted to scratch the itch too... Things don't seem that different, just more revs and less weight!

That definitely went well over my head! I've never even heard of that program :blush: Although I was 9 years old when they stopped airing it... The car being a Fury rather than a Phoenix also made it tricky to make the link :laugh:

Haha - top points for the obscure reference Quinten - my kids used to love MacGyver (and they have just hit early 30's now) so you must have just missed it Adam ;)

BTW - the cylinder head has just arrived - if only I didn't have all this work to do! (pesky customers)

That definitely went well over my head! I've never even heard of that program :blush: Although I was 9 years old when they stopped airing it... The car being a Fury rather than a Phoenix also made it tricky to make the link :laugh:

Now you make me positively feel very old  :down: